Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a dumb question but looking for help from the forum. I am looking at replacing my stock exhaust on a 2010 FJ with either the TRD or the Banks Power

Fj Cruiser Monster Exhaust By Banks

Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on which one? Will there be any improvements using Banks vs. TRD? Is there any other exhausts that someone can recommend for a 2010 FJ? Thanks

·
Banned
9,079 Posts
IMO a 3" exhaust on this truck would not be worth it due to the loss in low end torque. You really wont realize the upper RPM gains to be had with such a large exhaust becuase the FJ doesn't really see those RPMs often enough. Stay in the 2.5" - 2.75" pipe range and keep more of your low end.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. What do you recommend for an exhaust in the 2.5" - 2.75" pipe size range?

·
Banned
9,079 Posts
Personally I wanna do 2.75" when the time comes. IMO 2.75" should maintain the low end on the truck nicely while still being able to support flow of our V6 to roughly 600hp, so you have plenty of room to grow ;) Just becareful though and dont get robbed, cause it's only a mildly popular size compared to 2.5" and 3" diameters. Sometimes it will get marked up and be more expensive than a 3" system just due to availability of that piping diameter.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
I ordered the all stainless Gibson on my 2010. They are the quietest and have the dyno curves to prove what they claim.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does the Gibson come in 2.75" diameter? I just was on the web and only found 3". Also is the Gibson better than the TRD? What is everyone's thoughts?

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also which Gibson part no? I am finding a ton of them. Sorry to sound dumb. I have just never installed an aftermarket exhaust on a car before and want to improve my FJ so just want to try and do it right the first time

·
Banned
274 Posts
Srsly? you need that much help? LOL, ok here ya go:

Let me google that for you
wow if I wanted a **** answer I would have asked for one!

Who has proven dyno sheets of before and after results! preferably some real testing and not doctored results off a dyno.

Is this so hard?????? > Some thing of this type of quality maybe? VBOX III - Testing and Tuning Services VBOX test of back to back, would like to separate fact from internet fiction.

Post another crap reply and I will really get mad! THANKS FOR NOTHING IDIOT [email protected]
:flame:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Make ur own thats wat im doin on my 2011 or talk to an echaust shop and tell the u want to use 2.75" S.S. I agree with the size if u plan on doin a cat back system. Im cutting everything out including the cats and replacing them with smaller high flow cats and muffler and using 2.5" just to make sure I dont loose to much back pressure I havnt picked a muffler yet but I like cherry bomb and gibson ill let u no wat I pick

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide App

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jmazz let me know what you pick. And how it works out. Thanks

·
Banned
9,079 Posts
wow if I wanted a **** answer I would have asked for one!

Who has proven dyno sheets of before and after results! preferably some real testing and not doctored results off a dyno.

Is this so hard?????? > Some thing of this type of quality maybe? VBOX III - Testing and Tuning Services VBOX test of back to back, would like to separate fact from internet fiction.

Post another crap reply and I will really get mad! THANKS FOR NOTHING IDIOT [email protected]
:flame:
Meh your response is only mildy entertaining. My only response is that, at least I know how to search for my own data on the interwebz, like a big boy.

BTW, I'm pretty sure youre not supposed to be advertising your website in your signature if your not a paying vendor. So why don't you just stick to your rotaries.

·
Banned
274 Posts
Meh your response is only mildy entertaining. My only response is that, at least I know how to search for my own data on the interwebz, like a big boy.

BTW, I'm pretty sure youre not supposed to be advertising your website in your signature if your not a paying vendor. So why don't you just stick to your rotaries.
Probably cause we have have 3 generations of land crusiers and I am not a total tool like you ;)

I am pretty sure you are another idiot who will not help but rather express a stupid OPINION and trying to be E-Smart arse will just show what sort of character you are and nothing more!

What I simply asked for is some first hand prof from some one who has gone through this exhaust system change who would like to share in this forum there results, not an exchange from people like you who are trying there hardest to be smart! :boohoo:

If you cant contribute then KEEP your OPINION to yourself, as you are the only one who will value it trust me!

Thanks! :flame:

Now if anyone has some real results, I'd love to see it :bigthumb:

·
Banned
9,079 Posts
Probably cause we have have 3 generations of land crusiers and I am not a total tool like you ;)

I am pretty sure you are another idiot who will not help but rather express a stupid OPINION and trying to be E-Smart arse will just show what sort of character you are and nothing more!

What I simply asked for is some first hand prof from some one who has gone through this exhaust system change who would like to share in this forum there results, not an exchange from people like you who are trying there hardest to be smart! :boohoo:

If you cant contribute then KEEP your OPINION to yourself, as you are the only one who will value it trust me!

Thanks! :flame:

Now if anyone has some real results, I'd love to see it :bigthumb:
LMFAO reading comprehension pwns you aussie or perhaps your posting too early in the morning without your coffee, mate. Did you even read this thread? I've already contributed technical info to this thread about exhaust performance in relation to piping diameter. What have you contributed other than asking for sh!7 that can be researched using google? Nothing. Instead youre name calling and replying with smarta$$ remarks when your teased for not doing your own searching, grow up dude.

BTW since you aren't reading the data in this thread I'll sum it up for you so far, no one has done both back to back and there is no dyno comparison data. In fact (if you were to actually search the site) there isn't much recent engine performance proven data here. If you want power data check the 2wd Taco forums where they are more likely to have those types of results.

·
Banned
274 Posts
LMFAO reading comprehension pwns you aussie or perhaps your posting too early in the morning without your coffee, mate. Did you even read this thread? I've already contributed technical info to this thread about exhaust performance in relation to piping diameter. What have you contributed other than asking for sh!7 that can be researched using google? Nothing. Instead youre name calling and replying with smarta$$ remarks when your teased for not doing your own searching, grow up dude.

BTW since you aren't reading the data in this thread I'll sum it up for you so far, no one has done both back to back and there is no dyno comparison data. In fact (if you were to actually search the site) there isn't much recent engine performance proven data here. If you want power data check the 2wd Taco forums where they are more likely to have those types of results.
:boohoo: WOW! took you 3 replies to finally write a reply worthy of me wasting my time to read in your last paragraph! Good job tool :bigthumb:

Next time pull your head in and instead of a smart arse remark first up type something worthy of this site for all our benefit clown! :wave:

·
Banned
274 Posts
Now that Mr Peanut is silenced!

I'll repeat.

IF ANYONE HAS SOME REAL ENGINEERING DATA, SPECIFICALLY VEHICLE TESTS TO PROVE POWER OR TORQUE GAINS PLEASE POST THESE UP. I'd like to see it personally.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts