Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Purchased a wireless color back up camera with monitor from Costco last week for $79.95 and installed it on my front bumper as a rock camera. (The monitor is in the pop up compartment above the gauges.)

Tested it this weekend at Riverrock in Gerogia and also on trails in Ocala, FL and it worked like a champ! I have it positioned so that the top of the display shows just where your field of view stops over the hood and when things roll offf the bottom of the monitor screen they just hit the tires.

What it means is that cresting hills on trails you can see everything in front of you and follow the line you want exactly. It's still not a substitute for a spotter, but it did allow me to take lines the other FJ's couldn't this weekend with ease.

It's not a submergable cam, but I have it mounted just below my headlights and it is water resistant so we'll see how it holds up. For $80 it's well worth the investment, IMO.

I will post pics later on, but if you have a costco membership I would recommend running out and picking up on of these while they last!

·
The Laughing Member
9,124 Posts
Is this the one you're talking about??

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11255610&whse=BC&Ne=5000000+4000000&eCat=BC|3960&N=4001196%205000012&Mo=12&No=2&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&topnav=

(Sorry . . . couldn't get the link to URL properly. Cut & paste.)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is this the one you're talking about??

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11255610&whse=BC&Ne=5000000+4000000&eCat=BC|3960&N=4001196%205000012&Mo=12&No=2&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&topnav=

(Sorry . . . couldn't get the link to URL properly. Cut & paste.)
Steve,

That's not the one. I will post some pics of the one I got tonight. The screen is 4" I believe, but I'll measure and post the info when I post pics.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I have been looking into a front camera system and this is a nice cheap option. Thanks for sharing. Pics posted when you can, thanks.
Tomas
Santa Fe

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I have used this same camera for over a year and finally managed to break the seal and it fogged up to the point of being unusable. I have yet to find a better set up that isn't 5 times the price. I will probably just go buy another and use it till it breaks too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts