Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Base Road Armor Bumper with 8K winch and Lights included for $1,699

5K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  NRAFJ 
#1 ·
Tax stimulus special guys.

Base RAW FJ bumper with Smittybilt 8K winch and lights included for $1,699 plus freight.

#4 ·
I want this bumper at this price and i've emailed, phoned and pratically prayed for you company to call me.... please respond!!!

#8 · (Edited)
SORRY TO DO THIS, BUT YOU GUYS NEED TO KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GETTING INTO!!!

I suggest that you guys NOT buy from Road Armor if you have to pay for it up-front. They don't have their act together as a business. Very nice people, very nice bumper...BUT THEY DO NOT TREAT YOU WELL AFTER THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY!!!

I paid for a RA with Titan (the big one) ...pre-paid. I was promised it would be shipped to me in plenty of time for my big trip earlier this spring. When it came down to it, already weeks late, I had to settle for a RA with Bull Bar in order to get it before my trip.

Bumper came. It was missing bolts. Tried to get the bolts sent before my trip...nada. No response at all to my deperate pleas. A box of bolts finally showed up last Friday, over 3 weeks after my first request...all installation bolts...except the bolts that I was missing.

There's a $300 difference between the bumper I paid for MONTHS ago and the one on my FJ. I was promised on several occassions that a refund was on the way. The last time I called and actually got to speak with someone, they informed me that there was a new process for refunds so that the requests didn't "fall through the cracks". What!!? Why are refund requests "falling through the cracks"? OK...I filled out the form, faxed it, got confirmation that they received it...nothing. Another black hole.

After the e-mail I sent this morning went unanswered (which happens about 60% of the time), I decided I needed to warn the rest of you guys what you're in for.

I would actually encourage you guys to buy a Road Armor bumper BUT ONLY IF YOU CAN PAY FOR IT UPON DELIVERY. The only leverage you have is your payment and I guarantee you that your customer service experience will be much better than mine if Road Armor has to be responsive in order to get paid.

Now you know. BUYER BEWARE. ...and I'm sure I can now kiss my $300 goodbye forever for posting this. :mecry:

#13 ·
I'm sure your payment didn't fall through the cracks. Good luck on your refund

#9 ·
Thanks for the heads up NRAFJ. Sounds like some accountability is needed to me.

Postee

#12 ·
Im glad that people are willing to speak up when things like this are the case. I was dead set on getting one with the titan bar on it and decided to wait when i started to hear things like this. Eventually i got in on the group buy for the Warn M8000 in preparation for the bumper, whichever one i finally decided to go with. After hearing numerous things like this along with all of the questionable pricing with their last group buy, i decided i would not buy from them. Last group buy they started out by offering the same price as what was advertised and then when they were questioned about it, they just took the pricing off of their website. But only for the FJ! That seems shady to me. Also since they have started selling this unit to us here on the forum the price has continually risen. I know that all things are now-a-days, but their price hikes seem excessive when compared to the rest of the market.

Instead i picked up one that my buddy was selling and got an even better deal than planned. All in all, i got a bumper with bars like i wanted similar to the titan with lights and a better winch for $1240. Unbelievable price. Even if i looked at standard pricing for the unit i got, i would still have only paid 1819.98 for all of that. If i got the titan, that would have easily cost me 2517.00 and that is only factoring $100 for the lights.

Long story short, i am sure that the product itself is great, but with the price difference as well as the numerous customer service examples that have been given its not a bad idea to think twice.

ok, i will get off of my :soapbox: now.

#14 · (Edited)
I bet you $1 they didnt pay for the licensing for the two songs they used on their OVERKILL ENGINEERING site.

They used WAY more than fair use allows; and for commercial purposes.

Quick report them to the RIAA.
RIAA - What We Do - June 13, 2008

Side note: the price is great. I just wish the several reports of terrible customer service, with no valid response from the vendor, weren't so true.

#15 ·
I ordered my titan bumper 5 weeks ago. I was told it will ship out on or before the 24th of june. I will let you know how they do. Every time I call up and check in on it I get a live person on the phone and they are very willing and easy to talk with. If I get a machine I normaly get a call back within 36 hours. I do know they were waiting on the tube for the Titan bumpers and that was holding stuff up. I will let you guys know as soon as my bumer ships out and what happens from this point out.

#17 ·
One month and no response from Road Armor. Interesting.
The titan guard was burning a hole in my pocket, but the price increases and sloppy business practices have taken this off my wish list.

#19 ·
DAMN YOU GUYSSSSSSS!:flame: I also was about to order this bumper and bar. I've e-mailed them and got a response within a day about powder coating one silver. Don't like what I'm hearing.:mecry: But I'm glad it's out there. Thanks

#20 ·
I too have had a bumper on order since the first week in April, BUT i have talked to Mark the owner, Mikey and Natalie. Im told the hold up was they had no access to the tubular steel they need to make the Titan guards and now supposedly its on the way. Hopefully there right. I know a few people who have Road Armor bumpers and they LOVE them, and I want ONE and I have more than a few people interested in the rear bumper as well. I was told I would have my bumper this month. I have my fingers crossed.

#21 ·
I too was interested but can we get a response from the vendor here or is that too much to ask? Looks like a great product but nobody is going to spend another dime with them if the charges of failing to provide basic customer service go unanswered. Standing by to stand by... :cowfrown:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.