Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day my alternator died so I just replaced it. I drove the car around the past couple of days no issues. But today I was giving her some beans and at about 5000rpm the battery light flickered on. I let out of it and the battery light went off again. The battery seems to be changing just fine except under very heavy loads... I didn’t replace the belt when I did the alternator because I’m stupid and didn’t think to do that. That leads me to my theory of slipping belt. That’s my best guess. Don’t hear anything over sound of exhaust so don’t really know. Any idea or suggestions?

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
When my alt. went out my battery went bad also. I replaced both. I would check your belt just for the sake of checking. If your battery is older it may be going also. Good Luck :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured it could be that. When the alt went I went and checked and got the thing “test” at advances auto and they claimed the battery was fine but the alt was shot. So I had just replaced the alt. But I’m assuming the battery is just as old as the alternator was. Probably not a bad idea to replace that as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well turns out the remanufactured alternator had an issue. So swapped for a new one and she’s good again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts