Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
curious was it the stock Panasonic factory battery in the truck when she bought it? via it should of been fine

Yes, it was the original Panasonic. I think it had probably been drained dead or near dead a few times in it's past.

The new one has been a champ so far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bumpity bump bumperson.. my 2011 FJ failed the battery test @ Toyota in Feb, well now it's May and it's starting to show signs of needing a replacement.. why didn't any of you replace it with a Panasonic again? Also they quoted me 120.00 for a battery, I'm assuming that's just parts? I don't take mine off road. The fact that my battery has lasted for almost 151,000 miles makes me want another Panasonic. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
11,931 Posts
You can buy another Panasonic.....it will cost ~$30,000.00 but you get a free FJ with it!

In all seriousness, the Panasonic battery is not available for the public to purchase.

I keep my eye out for one in the classifieds but no luck. Mine lasted nearly 10 yrs.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have a spare three-year-old Panasonic with 52,000 miles on it… I like to hold onto my spare parts for a long time before I finally admit that I'm not going to do anything with them and resign myself to actually selling or disposing of them… But honestly I'm not gonna do any thing with this battery. What do they sell for?

I also put an Odyssey 31M-PC2150 in a month ago.

I did not get the one with the swapped terminals (ST suffix, I think), so I had to rewire in order for it to fit.

·
Registered
931 Posts
In the market for a new battery since my piece of crap Sears Diehard PM-1 battery died. Im tempted to try Duracell's AGM battery sold at Sam's Club for $155!

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/duracell-agm-deep-cycle-marine-and-rv-battery-group-size-31dtmagm/prod3590232.ip?xid=plp:product:1:1

The marine version of their battery is only warrantied for 18 months but their standard AGM battery is good for 3 years.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/duracell-agm-automotive-battery-group-size-78dtagm/prod3590233.ip?xid=plp:product:1:5

Anyone with try these AGM batteries? Apparently they're made by Deka.

-B

·
Premium Member
11,931 Posts
I just replace my nice AGM which died with one from........

Costco.

Kirkland Brand
$89.00
1 st 3 years full replacement warranty
3 years prorated

With their warranty and exchange program I just bought my last battery.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I just did the same thing but with a Duracell AGM from Sams Club for $90, 3 year warranty, and 710CCAs! @ $90 I can get 3 of these batteries under warranty for the next 9 years for the price of 1 Optima Red top. LOL Much better than the piece of crap Diehard PM1 battery that I paid $350 for. It must have been a bad batch because I got a new one under warranty and it died within 2 years. :crying

-B

I just replace my nice AGM which died with one from........

Costco.

Kirkland Brand
$89.00
1 st 3 years full replacement warranty
3 years prorated

With their warranty and exchange program I just bought my last battery.

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
I just replaced my dying Sears DieHard Platinum PM1 group 31M battery with a Northstar X2 Power 31M this weekend. Batteries+Bulbs started a $30 rebate on them plus if you buy online and pick up in-store you get another 10% off. I think I ended up paying around $320 for it after the rebate, and bought a second for my FZJ80. Expensive weekend, but the stats on this X2 battery looked almost identical to the DieHard: 1150 CCA, 100AH. Also came with a 4 year warranty too.

I was on the hunt for the Odyssey 31M-PC2150T but they're elusive in the wild and couldn't wait the couple weeks it would take to have it shipped from an online shop. Funny enough, the Batteries+Bulbs store had the Odyssey, but was charging a whopping $538 each!

If you're in the market for a new battery, the X2 Power is a good deal right now if there is a Batteries+Bulbs store near you. https://www.batteriesplus.com/battery/marine-and-boat/deep-cycle/bci-group-31m/sli31agmdpm

·
Registered
5 Posts
My '07 FJC's factory Panasonic group 27 battery is finally getting weak after 127,000 miles. Too bad I just can't buy another as I have never had a battery last 11 years!

·
Registered
531 Posts
My '07 FJC's factory Panasonic group 27 battery is finally getting weak after 127,000 miles. Too bad I just can't buy another as I have never had a battery last 11 years!
Impressive! I thought I could get one of the Panasonic batteries from the dealer, but it is not the same. They do warranty the replacement battery and will pro-rate a faulty battery. Costco does the same with Interstate Batteries. As you and others have mentioned, it just isn't the same as having the original OEM Panasonic battery.

·
Registered
260 Posts
252,000 miles and it will be 13 years next month on my original battery, it probably would have lasted another couple years if I didn't let it sit for a few months in the polar vortex while I was away. I've been reading through this thread and various other ones and different sites for a few hours this evening. I swear I saw someone with a Panasonic box - like a stereo would come in, that they were taking a battery out of the box and installing it in their FJ ? Did anyone else see this, or was I at Best Buy and didn't realize it. I would love to get another 12+ years out of the OEM battery if they are available without a trip to Japan or trolling craigslist for eternity ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
After 378,000km and 12 years, with most winters spent around drilling rigs in northern Alberta and B.C., my old panny is finally dying. I feel like it deserves a viking funeral or something.

161 - 174 of 174 Posts