Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching and wasn't finding anything..... Is anybody making an aftermarket battery tray to set up an FJ with dual batteries? Or is everyone making their own homemade bracket to hold the tray to the inner fender?

I've got an Optima Group D31A Yellow Top battery that I'm goiong to put in the stock location and then move the stock battery to the rear of the right side fender. Anybody got tips or pattern for a homemade bracket?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Get the Dual battery kit from Dirtyparts:

Home

It is a really nice setup and very easy to install. Comes with the battery tray and everything you need. It is also compatible with the TRD (and other?) Cold Air Intake. I'll post up some pics of the kit in a bit.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
if you want a FJ specific, easy to install, quality kit, from a reputable shop with good customer service...get the dual battery setup from Dirty Parts. if you want to do a DIY, you'll have to fiddle around with getting a solid mounting bracket, and piece together all the parts. you may likely save some $$$, but IMO, won't be worth the effort.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks! I've done search after search at Dirtyparts and only see batteries.

I don't think I need a kit.... I already have the isolator, dash switch, and battery cable... all I'm looking for is a tray that fit the FJ.... I had a dual battery setup in my Tacoma that I'm swapping over to my FJ

I searched "dual battery", "battery kit", "FJ", "battery", "dual", "dual kit" and I'm not seeing a product that has a battery tray. Is the item not listed in their online catalog?

Thanks.....

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Thanks! I've done search after search at Dirtyparts and only see batteries.

I don't think I need a kit.... I already have the isolator, dash switch, and battery cable... all I'm looking for is a tray that fit the FJ.... I had a dual battery setup in my Tacoma that I'm swapping over to my FJ

I searched "dual battery", "battery kit", "FJ", "battery", "dual", "dual kit" and I'm not seeing a product that has a battery tray. Is the item not listed in their online catalog?

Thanks.....
PM cruiserlarry on this board.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
I have the same set up as Cori up above... There is a Plate that need to be weld on the bottom of the BTF box.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Nice, that BTF box looks really nice. Does it fit with the CAI box?
That is one thing that Wayne (KD7NAC_07FJ) check into..... It just fits from what I understand.

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Anyone making a bracket for the BTF box or willing to. Trying to get all these mods done while on leave and want to finish this one soon. Got the box coming but no adapter bracket made and dont have any access to anything to make one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts