Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 08 FJ w/o a sub. I was going to go with the Bazooka FJ system. Every where I searched, the vendors were out of stock, except Amazon....system selling for $399....way too much. Contacted Bazooka, they have stopped making these systems....sub and mount. Question: Does anyone know of anyone who has one of these systems for sale. Thanks...

·
Registered
180 Posts
i have one. i took it out of mine and put the factory sub in. previous owner had it installed at best buy or circuit city. apparently the idiots there had no idea that you could get ones made for the fj so it was hard wired in.(power,rca cords). If you think you can get it to work or find the cable for it you can have mine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all for replies. Hearseman, I purchased the tube but I would like to get the mount. Do you have the mount? If so, I would like to see if we could deal. Just my luck, spoke to spokesman at Bazooka and she stated that these systems stayed on the shelves. They stopped production and now they are getting calls for the system...go figure.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Thanks all for replies. Hearseman, I purchased the tube but I would like to get the mount. Do you have the mount? If so, I would like to see if we could deal. Just my luck, spoke to spokesman at Bazooka and she stated that these systems stayed on the shelves. They stopped production and now they are getting calls for the system...go figure.
I suspect that's because there are so many more FJ's on the road now. Geez, in ten minutes this afternoon I passed FIVE FJ's. In ten minutes! This is flat land Florida, not mountain country or the snow belt.

I thought about trying the Bazooka sub inmy 2011. Sorry to hear they don't make it any more.

-FJ Florida-

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the input...I have already purchased the tube and will figure out a mounting system when I get it in. I am thinking of fabbing up some large hooks (aluminum) to cradle the tube and mount them where the "grocery hooks" are mounted, retaining said grocery hooks for walmart runs. I invision this setup should allow for quick removal of the tube and access to the cubby hole. I will use weather stripping on both sides of the large hooks for raddle reduction. Thats my plan, lets see if it works. Any comments?

·
Registered
838 Posts
I am using the 6.5" bazooka and I think it fits over the fender much better

1 - 9 of 9 Posts