Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard the audio option will be from Bazooka ( 6 or 8 speakers?)------Did anyone else notice the nitro bottle looking thing in the back of the FJ on the left?-------That's a subwoofer from Bazooka!--Looks gnarly, anyone heard anything about the audio options.------Did you guys see any roof speakers in it at SEMA?-------I wonder if the other Subwoofer opposite the Bazooka tank is included as well?---------This thing is gunna BUMP! :eek:

·
Registered
378 Posts
I thought that was a bazooka set up. This thing looks to have some 'junk in da trunk' I'm pretty happy about that knowing I won't have to go out and buy something after-market. Toyota is really listening to what people want

·
Registered
294 Posts
The Sub is only on the one side.
There is an 8 speaker stereo option "surround sound".

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
i hate to break it to ya, but the "nitro bottle looking thing" on the left in the SEMA pics is a powertank, not a subwoofer. A powertank is fillled with compressed CO2 and is used primarily to air up tires after off-roading (lower tire air pressure allows for better traction as it increases the contact patch of the tire) and for limited use of air tools.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For sure?-----Bazooka has a sub made to look like a nitro bottle, same color as the FJ??----Didn't know about the air thing though.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'll confirm that also.
The bottle on the left side was not a subwoofer, it was part of the aftermarket toys installed for SEMA.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Believe me the this thing rocks for only having one Sub !!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bubbahotep said:
Believe me the this thing rocks for only having one Sub !!!!
Nice, they had it crankin out tunes at SEMA or what?------Did you see any speakers in the roof as originally stated?--------Where are the eight speakers located? I saw what looked like two 8's in the front and the Sub in back, any help here?

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Trainwreck said:
I've heard the audio option will be from Bazooka ( 6 or 8 speakers?)------Did anyone else notice the nitro bottle looking thing in the back of the FJ on the left?-------That's a subwoofer from Bazooka!--Looks gnarly, anyone heard anything about the audio options.------Did you guys see any roof speakers in it at SEMA?-------I wonder if the other Subwoofer opposite the Bazooka tank is included as well?---------This thing is gunna BUMP! :eek:

No roof speakers and that bottle is not a subwoofer, it was an air cannister for the ARB air locking front differential. I have pics that I will upload for you. The sub is the speaker opposite the ARB air cannister in the rear.

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
Percy- the FJC at sema actually has an ARB compressor installed under the hood for the air lockers, there is a pic of it somewhere in all the SEMA pics, i think i saw it on www.expeditionswest.com or the autospies pics linked to from some of the other posts here. My theory is they put the powertank there just for "bling" factor, though they can be plumbed to operate an air locker (it voids the ARB warranty on the locker though).

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
At any rate, I have pics of it with the accessories cable exposed from a compartment underneath the tank. They are in my gallery - go nuts. I also had a shot of the ARB compressor under the hood. Very slick setup.

Oooorah, devil dog.

I can't wait to get a hold of this thing. THE FJ ABSOLUTELY ROCKS! Regardless of the stereo.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts