Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
241 Posts
1) What makes it specifically for the FJ, is it only mounting hardware? Bazooka just released (much) more powerful subs and I was wondering if these could be connected instead: BAZOOKA Mobile Audio - Products: Auto - Amplified Tube Subwoofers BT Series

2) If the FJ doesn't have a stock sub, do you have to cut a hole to attach the wires?
I am not sure if you have done anything with the rest of your set up, but you may want to look at the Alpine PLT-5 LAT Subwoofer System Powered truck-style subwoofer at Crutchfield.com PLT 5 from Alpine

Pics are here http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/stereo-electronics/54397-what-chances-5-25-dash.html

Sound is amazing with my set up of MB's read sig for specs.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not sure if you have done anything with the rest of your set up, but you may want to look at the Alpine PLT-5 LAT Subwoofer System Powered truck-style subwoofer at Crutchfield.com PLT 5 from Alpine

Pics are here http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/stereo-electronics/54397-what-chances-5-25-dash.html

Sound is amazing with my set up of MB's read sig for specs.
Low freq is 50Hz on that, the Bazooka is 28Hz

Is it "plug and play" into the rear wires like the Bazooka? I'm going to put a sub in first, the system I want comes out in June and then I will do a pro-install for everything else.

·
Banned
337 Posts
Low freq is 50Hz on that, the Bazooka is 28Hz

Is it "plug and play" into the rear wires like the Bazooka? I'm going to put a sub in first, the system I want comes out in June and then I will do a pro-install for everything else.
We really shouldn't be comparing these two...the Alpine will sound worlds better than the Bazooka simply due to the design of the unit. Bazookas are made to be a cheap way to people to add bass to their vehicle. Not saying they are TERRIBLE, for some people it's just what they need, but from an audio sq view point, they are just noise makers.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
We really shouldn't be comparing these two...the Alpine will sound worlds better than the Bazooka simply due to the design of the unit.
And if it (easily) plugs into the FJ's rear sub wires then I may get it, but haven't confirmed that yet.

Then again if the new 250 watt Class D Bazookas for 2008 plug back there, I may get those.

·
Banned
337 Posts
And if it (easily) plugs into the FJ's rear sub wires then I may get it, but haven't confirmed that yet.

Then again if the new 250 watt Class D Bazookas for 2008 plug back there, I may get those.
I would NOT use the stock amp\sub plugin for anything about 200w, heck the stock one is 50w if I remember, you're pushing it with 250w BIG TIME. Last thing you want is wires melting and a possible fire. Last time I checked, the wires back there are very very small.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts