Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed My Fj Has the 17 inch BBS wheels, Everyone makes comments about them , How good they are. Does anyone else have these on theirs and what is the Benifits to them Thanks.

·
Registered
132 Posts
they're in my avatar. bbs designed them specifically for the FJ and made them extra strong for use on the T100 as well. they were comissioned by Southeast Toyota and made by BBS in germany.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tried to upload but says file is to big.. will try later. unless you know a secret

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok I think I have it now sorry for so many posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Nice looking wheels, I prefer my OEM Toyota alloys. I had BBS wheels on my Tundra. They held up quite well.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have noticed My Fj Has the 17 inch BBS wheels, Everyone makes comments about them , How good they are. Does anyone else have these on theirs and what is the Benifits to them Thanks.
any issues with the BBS,, is the truck still behaving like stock..
thinking of getting these wheels with the michelin cross-terrain

another thing,, where did you get the bbs in 17" just went on a couple of sites it only lists 20" and 22"

·
Registered
132 Posts
since these were designed custom by BBS for Southeast Toyota for the FJ in 17x8 they need to be purchased from a SET dealer or you could try to find somebody to trade or something.

i have these wheels on my black FJ with Michelin cross terrain. i really like this combo....i have had problems with the balancing but have it pretty much figured out. i'm also about to get the new TRD/Bilstein shock setup. i think because the wheels are .5" wider they are a little harder to balance. a LOT of people with the FJ are having balancing problems though. the truck is very sensitive to tire roundness and roadforce issues. it's a good idea to stick to the michelins since they are the most consistantly round tire out there.

·
Registered
97 Posts
since these were designed custom by BBS for Southeast Toyota for the FJ in 17x8 they need to be purchased from a SET dealer or you could try to find somebody to trade or something.

i have these wheels on my black FJ with Michelin cross terrain. i really like this combo....i have had problems with the balancing but have it pretty much figured out. i'm also about to get the new TRD/Bilstein shock setup. i think because the wheels are .5" wider they are a little harder to balance. a LOT of people with the FJ are having balancing problems though. the truck is very sensitive to tire roundness and roadforce issues. it's a good idea to stick to the michelins since they are the most consistantly round tire out there.
any contact info on southeast toyota?

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well as for my bbs wheels, I have not had any vibrations or shakes with them, It has Bridgestone duelers ht on it. so far so good no vibrations at all. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
132 Posts
every dealer in the southeast is owned by southeast toyota. you can call any dealer in the southeast and order the wheels. i saw a set on ebay not too long ago. good luck. in my opinion the wheels look awesome and are very good quality, plus .5 inches wider.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the same wheels on mine with Pirelli Scorpions and have the vibration 60-64mph. I've not taken it back to the dealer yet because I don't think that there has been any consistent fix for the problem found. The service department where I bought it is flakey so I didn't want to play the vibration card yet until I've read of a fix so that I can go in with some ammunition. They gave me such a run around about the passenger doors leaking and getting the seatbelt wet. Also, I've been trying to get a passenger armrest (promissed at the time of the purchase) that matches the leather driver's that came from SET. I'm on my third one.

Also on the wheels, I've heard not to use an impact wrench to remove the lug nuts. It will scratch the wheels (they are painted).

·
Registered
111 Posts
I may be selling mine with the 33's. pm. me if interested.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
me to bud, So did these tires come on it also, or did it have the Bridgestones on it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts