Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and found no info on BDS Suspension. Is this company any good? With a lifetime warranty its kinda hard to not give them a shot. Local shop is right over $1000 for 3" installed and aligned. Anyone else running any of their stuff?

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
ya its a pretty bad deal. i think i know the the shop your talking about. and if im right my buddy got a BDS lift for his jeep put on there and paid way to much for it. IMO

·
Registered
270 Posts
ya its a pretty bad deal. i think i know the the shop your talking about. and if im right my buddy got a BDS lift for his jeep put on there and paid way to much for it. IMO
I bought my BDS lift (3" spacer) about a year and a half ago. Approximately 5000kms into it I won a gift certificate for Icon Coilovers. So I switched out the fronts but left the rears

I hav the fronts (already installed onto the OEM shocks) just sitting in my garage if you're interested enough to make an offer.....PM me for pics etc. You would still have to buy rears, but can pick them up anywhere, and a variety of prices/qualities

IMO., that price is way too high.

Puppypappa

·
Registered
297 Posts
Agreed, way over priced.

On the BDS note, I did buy a BDS suspension for my 1978 CJ-7 years ago. Completely different kind of suspension than the FJ but the BDS leaf springs were and possibly still are the best that I know of on the market. Well made, strong, double-military wrapped, and had a great ride and great flex.

Btw, BDS originally stood for " Big Dick's Suspension". I think they mainstreamed it at some point and toned it down. Don't know what it is now though...

·
Registered
297 Posts

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So if that price was with the tires mounted and balanced would that make it any better? What should the cost be on the install of a kit like that? What about a OME 3"? And he did say that was tax and everything.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Ok, So the tires Nitto trail grapplers x5 installed is $1500 and I forgot to write the size down but I think the are 33's. I told them the biggest I could fit with the OME 3". I looked at the Toytec 3" and they said it would be $600 to install.

Also is there a good sites to order the kit/tires through that would have good prices and shipping rates. I live in NC so anything near here would be awesome.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I just got my Nitto Terra Grapplers from Discount tire Direct. I payed $850 for 4 and had them installed at Wal-Mart for like $30.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts