Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Beer Swap Thread!!

6K views 89 replies 33 participants last post by  Miss R2FJ 
#1 ·
I grew up on the east coat and I miss Yuengling Lager. It is a staple beer back home however it is not sold out west. There has got to be someone on the east coast who would like a particular beer that is only sold out here and would be willing to trade at the Summit. Post what you'd like to trade for and I will see if it's available. I'll be sure to drive it out well packed in ice and I would expect the same from you.

I can't be the only one who would like to arrange a beer swap. Let's make some deals people!

:cheers:

#7 ·
love yuenling black and tan its great and i live in northeast pa its in all the stores in pa and nj, americas oldest brewery

#10 ·
Another request from back east.....Sea Dog Blueberry Beer. It's made in Maine, so I'm not sure where else you can get it. I can OCCASIONALLY get it here in AZ, I know of one bar that has it..... :D It's sooooo yummy!

#12 ·
I can bring something Canadian if anybody likes

#17 ·
I'll be willing to trade some Shiner Boch or any other Texas beer for some of blueberry stuff. That sounds interesting. I'll have to see if one of the boys from Austin will bring some beer. Austin has got some awesome microbrews.

#18 ·
You know, we could have an urban summit and head to Washington, D.C., there you will find the Brickskeller(http://www.lovethebeer.com/brickskeller.html), home to over 1,100 different kinds of beer from all over the world. They actually held the 2003 Guiness book of World's Record for most available types of beer.

I used to live near here and frequented quite often.

#20 · (Edited)
Perhaps any microbrews from Big Dogs Draft House or Tanaya Brewery? The Black Lab Stout from Big Dogs is one of my favorites when I want a pint of high class beer and their Leglifter light is perfect for everyday drinking. Tanaya Brewery offers a brew called Belgium Triple that is 8.3% but is so smooth you wouldn't even taste the alcohol. It even has a small amount of cane sugar added for a slightly sweet flavor.

Big Dog's Signature Brews

#21 ·
I'll bring the Molson XXX. I don't care what anyone brings as a swap, just make sure it's from a microbrewery or something I can't get up here.

#26 ·
Sounds good racer!

#24 ·
The Pacific NW has some of the best microbbrews around. Maybe some of our NW brothers and sisters can share? Hales Pale American. Thomas Kemper Pale. Blue Heron Ale. Pikes Place Market. Hales Moss Bay Amber. Red Hook Rye. Yum, Yum.

I'll bring some Boulevard Brewery Ales from KC.

#27 ·
Just what I have been looking for. I live in Maryland so ying is not a problem. The problem is that my favorite beer made in Oregon goes no further than Texas. The beer is Deschuttes Brewery Black Butte Stout. If you can get me a case of this a can get you two of ying.

#28 ·
Last year I brought some Deschutes's Black Butte Porter to share with a few. One of Oregon's best beers. However this year my favorite is a specialty brew from a local brew pub. It is called Vanilla Cream Porter and it's like drinking candy :D unfortunitly is not picked up by a distributer yet, but I can get the pub to fill a few bottles. If you are lucky, a few might survive the trip to Ouray :D

Vanilla Cream Porter - Dark, rich and smooth. Well balanced flavor from chocolate and black malts with a hint of authentic Mexican vanilla. 5.0% abv

Black Butte Porter - Crafted from chocolate and crystal malts, is Deschutes Brewery’s flagship brand. With a rich and distinctive flavor, this porter has enjoyed a loyal and passionate following since its first pint in 1988. AC: 5.2%
Ratings, Awards & Notables
Best Porter - 2007 Readers' Choice Awards, Northwest Brewing News
Gold Medal, Porter Category - 2007 Australian International Beer Awards
Silver Medal, Porter Category - 2006 Australian International Beer Awards
Silver Medal (88 - Highly Recommended) - 2005 World Beer Championships
Gold Award, Porter - 2005 European Beer Star
Bronze Medal, Brown Porter Category - 2004 North American Beer Awards
Gold Medal, Porter Category - 2004 Australian International Beer Awards
Gold Medal, Brown Porter Category - 2003 North American Beer Awards
Silver Medal, American Dark Ales - 2003 Real Ale Festival, Individual Category Awards
Best Porter, People's Choice Awards - 2003, 20th Annual International Beer Festival, San Francisco, CA
Bronze Medal, Brown Porter Category - 2002 Great American Beer Festival
Gold Medal, Brown Porter Category - 2002 North American Beer Awards
Silver Medal, Dark Milds, Stouts & Porters Competition Class 3 - 2002 Brewing Industry International Awards (B.I.I.A.), London, England
Gold Medal, Bottled American Brown Ales & Porters Category - 2001 Real Ale Festival
Gold Medal, Brown Porter Category - 2000 North American Beer Awards
Gold Medal, Brown Porter Category - 1999 North American Beer Awards
Bronze Medal, Brown Porter Category - 1998 Great American Beer Festival
Silver Medal, Brown Porter Category - 1998 World Beer Cup
Gold Medal, Brown Porter Category - 1996 Great American Beer Festival​

#31 ·
I am looking for a twelver of my favorite: Labatte Genuine Draft, AKA "Genuine Lager" now a days

This is a Canadian Beer so if we have any Cannuks coming down and/or boarder state people that can pop into Windsor or Niagra let me know.

I am in the greater Chicago area and we have some fine beer here to swap, let me know.

I know it's a long shot but 'eh...

#35 · (Edited)
I'd be willing to trade some four peaks kilt lifter for some grandville island lager

Maybe we should all bring some local beers and have a tasting party - everyone puts a few bottles or cans (blasphemy) in the kitty and we take turns drawing a number and picking a beer to try.

just a thought...

#66 ·
I'd be willing to trade some four peaks kilt lifter for some grandville island lager
I like Four Peak's Kilt Lifter.......I just wish it tasted as good in the bottle as on tap. Not that it is bad in the bottle (just a tad bitter) but on tap.......WOW oh WOW.

We thoroughly enjoy their Hefeweisen too.....especially in the Summer.

I grew up in Portland, the birthplace of the microbrewery rage (Bridgeport Ale....started by Ponzi Vineyards. Of course they sold it to the conglomerates years ago.

#36 ·
Katfish and TiFJ your both on. I think the Goose Island comes in sixers so let me know if you want more than that.

Here's the stuff, tasty!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.