Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the proud new owner of a 2010 Army Green FJ (sorry, pics to follow). Like many of you, I'm now pretty consumed with the thought of taking this car off-road. Seems like it would be a shame not to. I'm located in Little Rock, AR - any other Little Rock owners on here? Any suggestions on places to go within 100-200 miles for a beginner in off-roading?

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Aren’t there’s some nice trails around Lake Ochino......Occano.....Ohgnocci.....that big lake just to the west of you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm the proud new owner of a 2010 Army Green FJ (sorry, pics to follow). Like many of you, I'm now pretty consumed with the thought of taking this car off-road. Seems like it would be a shame not to. I'm located in Little Rock, AR - any other Little Rock owners on here? Any suggestions on places to go within 100-200 miles for a beginner in off-roading?
welcome to the forums. I’m in fort smith. Pm me your number and we can chat

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
welcome

·
Premium Member
16,373 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
22 Posts
@TexasFJ: Are you referring to Lake Ouachita? It's west of Hot Springs, about an hour and half west of Little Rock. I don't know of any offroad trails at the lake there but there is a good mountain bike trail called the Lake Ouachita Vista Trail (LOViT).

You have quite a bit of forest service roads west of town in the Ouachita National Forest out Highway 10 west of Little Rock. It's maybe a 20 or 30 minute drive from the west end of Little Rock. If you get off the main forest service roads, you can find some interesting but not overly challenging roads.

There is also an offroad park outside of Hot Springs (Hot Springs ORV Park) but I haven't been there.

I live in Little Rock and drive a 2011 Army Green FJ....

Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Yep, that is the lake. Lake Ouachita. I was out there a while ago supporting a race in the woods.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Welcome from California! You're going to love it (even more).

·
Registered
687 Posts
Look up the Facebook group, Natural State Overland. They post and do stuff all over Arkansas and the surrounding states.

And welcome to the FJ Cruiser addiction support forum.

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,505 Posts
There’s a legit ORV park in Hot Springs. I think there’s an event soon there like next weekend. It’s the Southern Cruiser Crawl.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts