Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT heres the final product
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...inning-mutilation-my-metal-tech-bumper-6.html

Something is afoot!! I know it looks like crap now, I only had time for a quick grind and chop today before it got too dark. tomorrow I'm grinding the rough spots smooth and removing the powder coating (any good ways on that besides wire brush??) To those who know what I'm doing please dont spoil it. I will update this post as the project progresses. One thing I can say is THANK YOU VERY MUCH to someone.
heres the begining of the sacraligious chopping of my dream bumper that I waited forever for.

I will however wear long pants next time I grind, I have a thousand little burn spots on my legs. lol
Updates to follow daily.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It'll be done by friday at the latest. I'm doing the grunt work to save some bucks. I dont drop it at the fabber till wed or thurs.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Can't wait to see what happens!:read:

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good luck man just take your time with it considering there is no way going back once you start.
Beleive me I know:worried: I'm so freakin nervous, I never even used a angle grinder before. I waited months of being on a list to get this bumper and now I'm choppin it to hell:bangin: If, or rather when it's finished it will truly be a one off. I still dont know how I;m gonna remove the powder coating. I'm gonna try to wire wheel it after I grind all the sharp stuff off tonight. I'll tell ya what, power tools are fun!!:rocker:

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
If you have a 4" grinder you can get the flapper type sandpaper wheels that will take the powder coating right off. I'd try an 80 grit first. finish with a 120 grit. Just make sure you maintain constant motion while grinding.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Braddah...you swapping out the Kajo? The bumper you are working on must be something niiiicccccee to want to swap aout the bas a$$ Kajo. Can't wait to see it.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Braddah...you swapping out the Kajo? The bumper you are working on must be something niiiicccccee to want to swap aout the bas a$$ Kajo. Can't wait to see it.
Nah thats my Metal Tech rear bumper, the Kajo is my front. I'm just modifying it to be more bad ass. Check back soon:D

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Way to go Mike! can't wait to see how it turns out. :)

1 - 20 of 104 Posts