1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Does anyone know anything about this one? I just recently ran across it on YouTube. The guy speaking is a little hard to understand because of his accent.

https://www.belsee.com/belsee-aftermarket-10-3-inch-ips-touch-screen-android-8-0-oreo-auto-head-unit-stereo-car-radio-audio-upgrade-for-toyota-fj-cruiser-2006-2017.html
There's already a thread about something similar

https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/stereo-electronics-electrical/729196-12-3-screen-android-head-unit.html

·
Desert Moderator
5,688 Posts
There's a bunch of android based stereos out there.
Honestly, I'm happy with the stock unit that came with my FJ. Phone on a wireless charger has all the apps needed, and connects via BT to the stereo.
Now, if you don't have BT or hands-free, that's a different story - these Android units are pretty cheap, and I'm pretty sure that you won't be able to upgrade the OS.
I'd rather go for a more traditional single DIN unit with a storage cubby underneath and have it paired with my phone, which I have with me all the time anyway, and is always up to date. I also don't need another device sucking data...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's a bunch of android based stereos out there.
Honestly, I'm happy with the stock unit that came with my FJ. Phone on a wireless charger has all the apps needed, and connects via BT to the stereo.
Now, if you don't have BT or hands-free, that's a different story - these Android units are pretty cheap, and I'm pretty sure that you won't be able to upgrade the OS.
I'd rather go for a more traditional single DIN unit with a storage cubby underneath and have it paired with my phone, which I have with me all the time anyway, and is always up to date. I also don't need another device sucking data...
My ONLY complaint about my FJ is difficulty seeing the dash and stereo displays in the daytime. I usually wear clip on sunglasses in the daytime and if I want to see anything other than the speedometer, I have to take them off. That big full color touch screen looks like it could be a solution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts