Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the badlands this weekend, came down hard in a rock garden later to find out i bent a suspension component. I took a picture of it... I'm wondering what part it is specifically, and what it actually affects. Its a minor bend Im wondering if it can be bent back to its original straight form. Any suggestions or knowledge on the topic would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
That's one of your lower links. A known weak spot on the FJ. It's too thin of wall to bend back, it would most likely break. Time to upgrade! Give Stan at Toy outfitters a call and he'll get you squared away. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
That's your lower link on the rear. I would not try to repair it. I would replace it with an upgraded part. Digger, All Pro and others supply them.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, it was way easier to diagnose it this way then search all over. Took a look at the all pro set, considering it because of the lifetime warranty against bending.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm running the Toy Outfitters. Over this past weekend. I bashed the crap out of the lower link mount with a rock then slid down the rock on the link and it didnt even flinch. Not even a slight nick in them. Just a scratched up paint. Definitely very satisfied with them. Now the stock link mounts on the other hand..... BLAH.... have 1/4" Plate Ruff Stuff links mounts in the garage ready to go on.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
toyoutfitters. price is right, and the part is stout!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Just installed some AllPros two weeks ago after bending one a while back. About as easy as it gets.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Another vote for The ToyOutfitters. Stan is great to deal with.
Bend one, he will replace it. Look in to some front and rear lower link armor too.
Outrider Suspension Armor, or the newer 1/4" All-pro stuff is very well made. You might as well throw a set of the rear lower shock armor on it too while you are down there.
The ToyOutfitters LCA's with Outrider Front suspension armor.

KyFJGuy

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
The aftermarket Lowers are what you'll want to do if you keep wheeling them.

Stan at Toy Outfitters is a stand up guy. Great customer service.

If you aren't ready to upgrade let me know I've got a straight one and a very slightly bent one in my garage.

Good job getting after those rocks.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
x6 Stan at ToyOutfitters.
Can even get custom colors if you want.

That's one of your lower links. A known weak spot on the FJ. It's too thin of wall to bend back, it would most likely break. Time to upgrade! Give Stan at Toy outfitters a call and he'll get you squared away. :cheers:
2x on giving Toy Outfitters a call for a replacement set
I'm running the Toy Outfitters. Over this past weekend. I bashed the crap out of the lower link mount with a rock then slid down the rock on the link and it didnt even flinch. Not even a slight nick in them. Just a scratched up paint. Definitely very satisfied with them. Now the stock link mounts on the other hand..... BLAH.... have 1/4" Plate Ruff Stuff links mounts in the garage ready to go on.
toyoutfitters. price is right, and the part is stout!
Another vote for The ToyOutfitters. Stan is great to deal with.
Bend one, he will replace it. Look in to some front and rear lower link armor too.
Outrider Suspension Armor, or the newer 1/4" All-pro stuff is very well made. You might as well throw a set of the rear lower shock armor on it too while you are down there.
The ToyOutfitters LCA's with Outrider Front suspension armor.

KyFJGuy
The aftermarket Lowers are what you'll want to do if you keep wheeling them.

Stan at Toy Outfitters is a stand up guy. Great customer service.

If you aren't ready to upgrade let me know I've got a straight one and a very slightly bent one in my garage.

Good job getting after those rocks.

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
I would suggest looking at the Icon billet aluminum rear trailing links. They are cnc machined out of one piece of aluminum and a nylon skid on the base. The biggest bonus the Icon rear trailing links have is the ability to be adjustable while they are installed on the truck! You loosen the pinch bolts and rotate the adjuster nut to lengthen or shorten the link.

FJ Cruiser Icon Rear Trailing Links

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
I would call Stan (the Toy outfitters) Never worry again!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Toyoutfitters! you can't beat the price or quality!

[/IMG]

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
ToyOutfitters can also custom make an adjustable links with larger DOM tubing diameter..

·
Registered
832 Posts
Lol cool to see all the Toyoutfitters posts.....because that's the choice I made when I bent mine last summer:D

I love supporting small businesses. If you ever have any issues it'll be 100x easier to call them up instead of dealing with AllPro.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts