-Permanently disabled all chimes
-Removed bug deflector from hood
-Removed wind deflectors from windows

I know, thrilling, ain't it?

Bert.

· fka Memphibious FJ
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
It has been a while since I made any major modifications to the FJC. I promised myself that I would finish the FJ40 first. Well, I did finish it and ended up selling it, so I am now starting on the FJC.

Minor Mods:
Removed:
-OEM Roof Rack
Added:
-Bandi CB Antenna Mount (CB coax cable routed to center console)
-Tuffy Center Console
-Black Door Handles
-Black Mirrors (to replace oem silver ones broken while wheeling)
-Garmin Nuvi GPS (mounted above rearview mirror, see image below)

· fka Memphibious FJ
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How's Texas Bert?
Texas is good. I am near family now, which is awesome!

He said he loves it there and Memphis is now a big blacked out area on his maps :rofl:
I am sure I will be back through Memphis at some point, but only because of the friends I have there. :cheers:

· fka Memphibious FJ
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
Hey y'all,

I haven't been on the forum for a while, but here is the latest pic of my FJ during a trip to Sunset Ridge Off-road Park. The only recent mod was painting the wheels black and removing the remainder of the tupperware from the back bumper. I am starting to shop for a rear bumper with a swing out tire mount, but that is still a ways off.

Attachments

· fka Memphibious FJ
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
This is not necessarily an "FJ" mod, but it is one of the more useful accessories for my FJ.

I present my '73 GMC truck bed trailer, outfitted with fuel can holders, tool box/sticker collector, and ladder rack; painted to match my black FJ with white roof, good for hauling lumber or camping.

Attachments

· fka Memphibious FJ
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
I have been in Tennessee for almost two years now, and I am headed back to Texas for a well-earned visit. In preparation, I upgraded the suspension with Metaltech upper and lower rear links, Skyjacker sway bar links, and 2.5" Toytec rear and front extended travel shocks/coilovers. The ride is firm and responsive, and I couldn't be more pleased.

Mods not pictured. I have sprayed most of the body with bedliner, except for the hood, driver's side door, and the rear door. (although the rear door is next on the list.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.