Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I may be getting these two bumpers...either separate or at same time frame :rocker:and wonder who might have the best deal overall....price+shipping....etc.

Went wheeling and kissed front bumper on ditch bank...then knocked off rear bumper wing coming out opposite side...plus some scratches above and stuff. Yes she was BRICK red when I started...LMMFAO

My first pick for front bumper is the Expedition One Trail Series DIAMOND style

For the rear bumper I am interested in what Expedition One is coming up with but not sure I want to wait...so the only other I really like is the WARN Off-road rear bumper with integral 2" receiver and recovery points.

This bumper will allow me to add Lucrums rear swing away tire and jerry can adapter later when I have more money...hahaha...but is a good solid start with good clearance and protection with the hitch.

I appreciate any help in pricing...I checked 4x4GroupBuy but the price was not that much less than retail unless the shipping is free then it is worth considering. Thanks again...and look forward to your responses.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I have heard more people talk about problems with the Fabfours bumper then others. Just my 2 pennies.
I am a big fan of the ARB and the Demello 3hoop front bumpers.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Brock, Demello is now totally caught up and they have front and rear bumpers in stock - I was there today. They can make them however you like - they just gave Dominic a smokin' deal on an unpainted one if you are after deals. He can do the hoops however you like. And it is far and away the best rear bumper also.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Opinions on bumpers here are almost as touchy as religion and politics.
Pick the bumper you want, cause if you get a bumper based on someone else and it sucks youll say "dang it why did i listen to chats and get a 500lb. German panzer tank bumper." But if you pick it and at sucks it will be easier to live with.

PS Road Armor bumpers were in Transformers the movie.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I only like maybe 3 front bumpers and two or three rears.....Demello, All Pro and Expedition One for front. Before I thought I would just go with Lucrum but after this past week think I need a little more corner protection. For rear I like the All Pro and Warn and with Warn can add Lucrums tire carrier later.....also like RoadArmor but too much money. Not checked out BentUp really close but all three are about the same cost....plus shipping.

Thanks for input....much appreciated.

·
Registered
634 Posts
All-pro is currently having a sale, and Demello's regular prices are pretty darn good too.

I was torn between the two and ultimately chose to go with DO and couldnt be any happier. Build quality, looks, utility, etc - all fantastic.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I vote for DeMello. Awesome look. solid product. Easy install. Did I mention it looks frickin' awesome?

Plus, DO is a great to deal with.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I've had no problems with my FabFours. It is a great bumper. When properly installed, it is one of the beefiest out there. All the bumpers you are considering are good. I love the Warn rear bumper. Very well made and IMO it looks great. I would not go with AllPro if I were you. They angle the top deck so you really can't stand on it like you can with other models. Also it is no where near as strong as the Warn. I'll be adding the Lucrum swingout stuff as soon as they are available. I've already preordered it. Can't wait to get that thing on.

·
Registered
202 Posts
While reading this I just realized this time next week my FJ will be outfitted with its new Demello front bumper!

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
I vote for the X-1 bumper. It's delicious.

I don't think that they are that far off on their rear either and it will be worth the wait.
I'll bet a bucket of chicken on that.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Not sure what you are looking for. Personally prefer tube bumpers - so my vote is for Metaltech (currently front bumper installed).

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Opinions on bumpers here are almost as touchy as religion and politics.
Pick the bumper you want, cause if you get a bumper based on someone else and it sucks youll say "dang it why did i listen to chats and get a 500lb. German panzer tank bumper." But if you pick it and at sucks it will be easier to live with.
Well said. It's very personal. Do you homework and make your own decision.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Go with your FIRST CHOICE, no matter what anyone says. If you went so far as to post the pics, they are to ones you should buy. Believe me I know! I have been caught up in this bumper "thing" for so long it has me on this forum, when I should be doing my month end report! And, I don't have a freeking off-road bumper! I need a life. I'm getting worse then Farve.
However, I now know what I am going to buy, but I am not going to tell ya...

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I'm in the same boat you are. I'm trying to decide between a road armor, or X-1 front bumper. Both are great quailty, and the X-1 is buy far a better value, but i'm just in love with the looks of the RA. Most people have told me to go with the X-1, but somthing inside me is still leaning twards the RA.

The people here who have told you to go with your first choice are absolutly right. Bottom line is find a bumper that works for you. Weather it be for funtion, or form. Go with what makes you happy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts