Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my FJ Cruiser TRD Edition 07 2 months ago; and I’m ready for some mods; I’m new to the truck community and have minimal knowledge on lift kits and stuff.
But I ultimately want an off-road look; and also with a comfortable ride. It’d be great help if anyone can recommend me something (with pictures would be great help too) because Idk what a “3 or 5” inch kit looks like.. or what measurement of spacers would go well with either or lift. Right now my FJ is stock. —

I most likely won’t even take the truck off-roading either; just want to do it for looks; I have attached a few pics of the truck. Also if you’re guys can give me an average cost of the setup that would greatly help.

Thanks in advance. Hope you guys have a wonderful day!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Toytec 3inch lift on my FJ. It rides great on road and off road. View attachment 1161892
oh wow, that looks niceeee; so you have a three inch lift kit; with beefier tyres I suppose? I like how your truck has a boss beefy look; that’s what I initially want!!! Cus mine looks skinny as hell lol; and idk what the max tyre size I can go with my wheels.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I’m currently running 315/70/17. For this tire size to fit, I have to complete a BMC and upgrade my UCA.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm very new to truck modding as well. I wanted to try out lower cost stuff on my 2014 before I consider spending $1-2k+ on a really good suspension. I went with the Daystar 2.5 inch lift and leveling kit, link below. Its listed for $180 there but I found it for $120 with free shipping elsewhere. I've never worked with vehicle suspensions and done anything more than oil changes and minor car repairs in the past, but I was able to get it done by myself in about 5 hours in my garage. It definitely transformed the look of the FJ. I also don't do any serious off-road/rock crawling driving, mostly just going around the Midwest farm. I also daily drive it and I don't feel any difference compared to bare stock before. I achieved my goal, being that I like the looks and learned from installing it. I also put Spidertrax wheel spacers on it too. I know, some serious stuff here. 👍

PXL_20210509_122653003.jpg

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
The first 6 years I had the Rough Country 3 in. Spacer lift. It worked very well and I offroaded the crap out of it. I think it cost about $300 or so when I bought it. I have since went with Kings but they are top of the line and expensive. I still have my spacer lift I use once in awhile when I have to get the Kings rebuilt or whatever. Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don’t do hard offroad. Just some mountain roads and and a few logging roads. I didnt want to go with big tires and all that stuff. Been there before when I was younger.

so I decided to go with Bilstien 5100s with stock springs up front set on 1.5”. Actually got almost 2”.
the truck set level until I loaded gear. So I added Ironman 1” spacers on the rear with bilstein shocks. Got exact 1” of lift.

rides good. No issues very economical to do. Can do it all in less than 4 hours easily with a helper. it can be done with no spring compressor if you know how. Couple of videos on YouTube. Pretty easy.

Greg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts