Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Best FJC in Jacksonville and NE, Florida.

5K views 46 replies 15 participants last post by  mad_mechanix 
#1 ·
Well its official, per todays show and shine, I have the best FJC with the greatest articulation angle in all of Jacksonville and Northeast, Florida!

And yes I have the awards to prove that fact.

#4 ·
For me to post pics would have required me to take pictures.

#8 ·
Awww. Fail.

#5 ·
Challenge accepted!:cheers:

#7 ·
Hey I'm in St. Auggy. Where is this mystery machine?

#9 ·
Besides the awards..we all would like a few pictures and maybe a description of what aftermarket suspension your running! How many other FJ's you competed against...:bigthumb: What was your RTI #'s

#11 ·
Well, for all those disbelivers...where were you? Like they say in racing, you have to finish to win. Well, you have to show up to compete. (I understand deployment, thanks for all you do.)

Now my intention was not to insult anyone or hurt their feelings, but to light a fire under the NE Florida FJC owners. SHOW UP!!!! I swear its a bunch of soccer moms driving these rigs everywhere I look.

There were 37 JEEPS and my FJ. So yes, I won everything in my class by default. A win is still a win. The invite was posted for close to a month with 200+ views!

For those who are looking for a group in NE Florida to "hang out" with go on Facebook and friend Southern Sands Off Road. I am one of the founding members. It is a very active club, all jeeps and 1 FJC but always looking to make new friends. We do everything from shows at Overbuilt, wheeling at Osceola, Camp Blanding, Hard Rock, to Hanging on Vilano Beach every Sunday during the season.

This past weekends show was a great opportunity to meet and hang out while supporting a worthy cause, the Wheelers for the Wounded.

Apexbasher... Look forward to meeting you when you return from deployment, and thanks for your support of the event.

#13 ·
Well, for all those disbelivers...where were you? .
Well My fine fuzzy friend I was Overseas or I would have been there and gladly competed against you......:rofl:

But Seriously I would have gladly taken a crack at your title. Now its game on for next year,!:cheers:
OH and yes.. No pics or RTI.. You werent there either////

#12 ·
The spirit of your declaration was not lost on me! :lol: I figured you were poking us all in the ribs for not showing up. Message received. I look forward to the next opportunity I have to climb that RTI ramp and maybe put a new name on your trophy. What was your RTI number, btw?

#14 ·
My RTI was 434. Definitely could have gotten more but first time on ramp and didn't really feel it, 6 red stripes in and it could have been expensive. I was itching to go again but it was just the beer talking. But that # will hold as champion until the next time.

If anybody knows of another similar show I will gladly put my title on the line to make some new friends.

#16 ·
ANy one can Climb a ramp... Obsticles are way more fun!

Guessed at the Height, based on a 20 degree ramp, My RTI in the pic should be around 494 if its 18 inchs High.. I still had a few inches of travel left.
I have since done a few more mods so I should have alot higher score...
I will Find out in may!:lol:

#17 · (Edited)
I pulled these from Southern Sands Offroads' Facebook page. As I stated before I did not take any pictures, to busy with the free Red Stripe. I'm not a big picture taker, so I guess people will just have to show up.

Attachments

#18 ·
Looks like you hang with a cool group! I wish I could have attended the festivities and met some new friends and supported a great cause :cheers:

Ask anyone around here...I'm well traveled and try to hit the trails with any group that offers up a meet and ride.:bigthumb:

Maybe next time more support from our troops... :rocker:

#19 ·
Thanks, I will continue to post invites to the local events as soon as I am made aware of them.

#20 · (Edited)
Alright...For all those that caught the "spirit" of my post, come out to the Camp Blanding trail ride and Poker Run on April 2nd. It supports the Wounded Warrior Project

There is a thread dedicated in the Florida section.

If you do not attend I shall be forced to poke you with a stick once again!:bigthumb:

#22 ·
Once again, your timing is impeccable! :lol:

...I will mention the Blanding event to the wife and see if she can make the event if nothing more than just show supprt! ...
Maybe I can get my wife to do the same! Never considered sending the proxy in my place...:thinkerg:

#21 ·
LOL! Once Im home for good I will be doing ALOt of events and things. I will Also be looking for a club to join and run with.
I will mention the Blanding event to the wife and see if she can make the event if nothing more than just show supprt!
LOL In the SPirit of your post Its All Fun and we tend to enjoy alittle razing.
Its kinda hard to take pics of your rig on the ramp, if your in it driving up the ramp!!:lol:

#25 ·
I am not certain if the group is going to vilano this Sunday. I know I will be taking my wife to the Airport and not able to make it.

Bret... Where in St. Augustine do you live. I'm up on CR210.

#26 ·
South of you off of SR13 a block south of 16, if you hit Out Back Crab Shack you just missed me.

#28 ·
I know the neighborhood you are speaking of, can't remember the name but the one with the waterslide right?

My wife and I looked in there a couple of times before buying on Cr210.

Love Outback Crabshack!

#27 ·
Sound like a great group. Been there, done that! I know how it feels, I have been wheeling with tons of jeeps, both a few at a time and with huge jeep groups! :bigthumb:

But RTI ramp, come on show us some real wheeling! :stickpoke: JK

We want to see, the white behind the inclinometer.

Notice the back tire coming off the ground. It was full pucker time, going up and over (had to back into the trees as far as possible and floor it through a narrow set of trees and keep it on the floor almost all the way to the top, using momentum was the only way to do it) and then coming back down this steep little hill, was let it roll, baby, roll.

But honestly, IMHO, if you post up some photos of some of your events or wheeling events, I bet there are quite a few NE Florida FJCs that would love to join with your group. Nothing brings them in like photos. (But I could be a little biased. lol :rofl:)

------

PaulThePhotographer

#29 ·
Next event (Camp Blanding Poker Run) I will take pictures and post them.

I hope there will be some pictures of other FJC's and not just mine :stickpoke:

I was unaware that the NE Florida FJC owners needed to be bribed. I could have sworn the free Red Stripe would have worked at the last Overbuilt show.:stickpoke:

#31 ·
I was unaware that the NE Florida FJC owners needed to be bribed. I could have sworn the free Red Stripe would have worked at the last Overbuilt show.:stickpoke:
Good one! :bigthumb:

---------

PaulThePhotographer

#30 ·
Aw man, now you guys are talking about the CrabShack! I'm getting homesick.:cheers::mecry:

Must....find....way....back....home....to....FJ......

#33 ·
First round is on me when you guys make it back, Outback Crabshack FJ run.

#35 ·
Saw a Black Diamond with a lift and Bushwackers at the Publix on Anastasia Island Monday. Anyone know who that is?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.