Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can find good coverage for when the seats are up, have any of you found a food full rear mat for when the seats are down.

i do two large dogs with seats down. It’s too crowded with them up. It is link an ice rink. Typical blankets, etc. do well but work loose fast and it’s back to the ice rink.

·
Admin
6,903 Posts

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
The cheap indoor-outdoor carpeting from Home Depot (TrafficMASTER Elevations - Sky Grey Ribbed Texture).

$0.50/sq ft, and you only need to buy as much as you really need.
You can easily cut it for an exact fit, and take it out and hose it down when it gets muddy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same exact issue. I just got a hold off a 2013 FJ and my dogs hate the cargo area due to the slippery surface. I went to HomeDepot and bought the biggest anti-fatigue mat I could find. I also got some 3m spray adhesive. The mat is large enough to cover the main cargo area as well as covering the back of the seats when folded down/up. After you measure and cut the mat (with scissors) just wipe the back of the mat as well as the seat/cargo area and spray adhesive to the surface. It sticks and does not move.

Since the material is also easy to clean, provides a little bit of cushion and repels dirt/water its not an issue to maintain. I've taken my dogs out since then and they seem to both love it more. Don't have to worry about a thing and you can clean it up super easy. I think all together it cost me $40. If you cut it carefully to size it looks factory :)

·
Desert Moderator
6,086 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,831 Posts
My Rotti sits where she wants which is generally not in the back.

Front seat and she always feels the need to lick the window in its entirety.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Similar posters above
I used a loop & rubber mat to cover the seat backs. I had to put a role of anti-slide foam under it.
I also bought a long-ish area rug to put over the seat bottoms when in a folded forward. Help keep them clean and prevents tears when a dog wants to come forward to ride shotgun.
The main cargo area usually has a lage dog bed so that portion didn't need canine traction control.

·
A-Team Moderator
9,049 Posts
I cut down my Sears Craftsman black rubber, diamond plate looking, anti-fatigue floor mat to fit. I even slotted holes for the D rings. I put the left over piece in her kennel so she's not sliding around on the plastic catch tray if I have to panic stop.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Farm and ranch supply stores have heavy pen pads. They are about 1" and various sizes. Won't absorb fluids or odors and they will never breakdown. I think I paid $23 for mine and trimmed to fit. 99% of my time is with back seats down.

·
Registered
142 Posts
You took the
Farm and ranch supply stores have heavy pen pads. They are about 1" and various sizes. Won't absorb fluids or odors and they will never breakdown. I think I paid $23 for mine and trimmed to fit. 99% of my time is with back seats down.
Words right out of my mouth when reading this. That was what i was going to say. Tractor supply. I think they had two different thicknesses. Also some plain rubber if i remember correctly. It was cut to length for the back of truck beds. But.... what i did was go to 4wheel drive parts store you can order bed carpet it comes in a 5ft x 8 ft roll for 100.00. Easy on my beagles and can be washed. I used heavy duty velcro to keep it in place. You have about enough to do it 2x what i did was cut one short 1 for seats up and 1 long 1 for seats down.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got the fitted rubber floor mat for the boot from Toyota. A large, thick blanket folded over the backrests of the folded down back seats stays pretty firm in place. My FJ is the dog taxi for a 70 kg Boerboel and a 24 kg Africanis. they don't dislodge either mat nor blanket.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts