Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its time to bring my FJ in for sevice. I purchased my FJ out of state so I have no experience with any local dealers.

Any recomendations on dealer service pro or con?

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Take it to Joe Myers and have Toyota_Tech work on it!

·
Premium Member
17,639 Posts
Might want to check their rates ahead of time. I've only taken my FJ to Joe Myers (or any toyota dealer) once before and it was a simple oil change. I'll have to look back through my receipts, but if I recall it was over $100 tab for a basic oil change (not synthetic or anything either). Haven't gone back since, so maybe their rates have changed, but its something I'd look into before going.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Might want to check their rates ahead of time. I've only taken my FJ to Joe Myers (or any toyota dealer) once before and it was a simple oil change. I'll have to look back through my receipts, but if I recall it was over $100 tab for a basic oil change (not synthetic or anything either). Haven't gone back since, so maybe their rates have changed, but its something I'd look into before going.
Good point! :lol:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Champion Toyota are pretty good and friendly. Sterling McCall Toyota are rude (went a few times) and they wanted to charge 200 just to look at my rig for diagnostic (for warranty issues) which Champion did for free.

·
Premium Member
17,639 Posts
Basic oil change at a Toyota dealer ship is $24.15 out the door... how yours got to $100 I don't know but I have used Don McGill at Krikwood and I-10 many times for the basics and have had not big issues.
No idea, but I recall it was at least $75-$100...hence why I never went back. Now that I've got a garage its the DIY route for me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have used Don McGill at I-10 & Kirkwood and Joe Myers on 290 in my short tenure as an FJ owner. Joe Myers were great, kept me informed, got me a loaner, and got the work done very quickly after the parts arrived. Even threw in a free oil change voucher because they kept me waiting for a short while when I went to pick it up. Give them a call and ask for Brian Roos. Based on my experiences this is who I'll be using.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Probably the closest to you will be mike calverts. They have done my transfer case switches, and my throw out bearing/transmission changes and never a peep about mods or offroad abuse.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I don't owe Joe Myers anything, they worked on my truck one time and did some warranty work and a couple of other things(and did a good job). I only mention this in support of Toyota_Tech, Kurt. He's one of our drinking team members and a good guy. Kurt has serviced my FJ and the wifey's 4rnr on the side and does good work. When possible/practical I like to support our guys!:rocker::bigthumb:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In the end I decided to get off my lazy but and do it myself.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts