Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I've had my 07' FJ for four years and love it, but I'm expecting a baby late this year and have become worried about fitting an infant car seat in the small back seat. Any suggestions for a good car seat that you KNOW will fit? I'm short (5'4") but my husband is really tall (6'4") and I'm worried we won't all be able to fit in!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
37,779 Posts
I don't know much about them, but there are several newer and older threads about them in this link that you can check out that might help give you some ideas about them.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum - Search Results

Reactions: NOLA_FJ

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
I have 2 seats back their right now, both are Graco. I'm 6'5" and I still fit. Now the kids can kick the back of the seat when they get a little older.

Reactions: NOLA_FJ

·
Registered
263 Posts
For a rear facing infant seat, I found they fit better in the middle. I am 6' but have long legs. My wife is 5'-6 and doesn't mind sitting a little forward on the passenger side if needed.

Now I have a toddler and a 7 yr old. It is more difficult now to fit them as the booster seat puts my oldest's feet right where the rear seat is causing me to have to sit a little further forward.

Either way, you will be fine. Congrats by the way!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Look at the peg perego range.
I had the rear facing to start and now the forward facing.
They are Good quality and highly rated seats and both fit well in the FJ.
It's a challenge with the rear facing seat and suicide doors but it's possible.
Once they facing forward it's great.
The sun doesn't get to them, they have a great view, and they can't open any windows or doors.
They get to kick the back of the front seats as they get taller but it's all good.
My son loves been in the FJ.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
any route you go you will probably destroy your back loading them in and out. putting the baby in the middle usually works the best for us since we have 3 kiddos. the FJ is not a kid friendly vehicle. If you'll have any other car seats in the back, buy the seatbelt buckle extenders to make it easier for other kids to buckle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all for your info. We received the BOB Britax B-Safe as a gift, haven't gotten to try it in the FJ yet but luckily we can return it if it's a no go. If that doesn't work the Chicco may be what we end up with. Now to figure out how to fit the three dogs with the car seat and baby!

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Thanks all for your info. We received the BOB Britax B-Safe as a gift, haven't gotten to try it in the FJ yet but luckily we can return it if it's a no go. If that doesn't work the Chicco may be what we end up with. Now to figure out how to fit the three dogs with the car seat and baby!
We've gone through at least 10-12 car seats over the years between ones we've purchased ourselves, plus what the grandparents get, and Britax nearly always gets our recommendation (and our money!).

My wife researches extensively before each purchase and for overall safety, comfort and ease of use, Britax is top notch.

Good luck and congrats on the little one.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Britax B-Safe infant carrier installed in center of rear seat. I'm 6' and can still drive comfortably with carrier installed. I pull the seat up a bit if my wife sits beside me next to the baby. I do need to bring the back of my drivers seat full forward to get the seat into the back, and it takes an extra hump with the carrier to get it into the base (first to rest on the seat, then lifting it into the base). You do need to park with a little forethought in parking lots so that you have room to open the access door without getting trapped by the front door. Certainly not as straightforward as a traditional 4-door, but I wasn't about to take on 3-4 more years of payments!

Base installed in center:
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1428433075.018537.jpg

Carrier installed, driver seat back forward:
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1428433088.781660.jpg

Carrier installed, driver seat in position
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1428433100.239153.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a first baby boy, his age is only 6 months and 13 days. We are deciding to get the safest car seat for our kid. My husband wanted to get one car from these best convertible car seats here. But I need some better option too. I hope you will share useful suggestions.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts