Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Recently I wrote up a Squidoo Lens (an article basically) in my spare time about my picks for the best FJ Cruiser accessories (bumpers, roof racks, lifts, performance, etc..). It was just something I did when i was bored and I would really appreciate it if you gave it a look!

Heres the link: http://www.squidoo.com/how-to-supe-up-your-toyota-fj-cruiser-budget-or-not-

Any feedback or suggestions to improve are greatly appreciated!
P.S.- I'm aware there are probably many errors on it considering I didn't proofread it...
Thanks!

-G

·
Registered
477 Posts
I've been told by those with more experience(which is most of the forum regulars) that sliders and skids are a good place to start without having to spend alot. Basic protection for offroading. Also, if you are doing a lift, save your bucks until you can afford a quality set up. Don't go cheap as you will want to upgrade it soon after.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been told by those with more experience(which is most of the forum regulars) that sliders and skids are a good place to start without having to spend alot. Basic protection for offroading. Also, if you are doing a lift, save your bucks until you can afford a quality set up. Don't go cheap as you will want to upgrade it soon after.
I agree!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hey, that's a nice article. Don't forget Demello for bumpers and off road stuff, they have a huge (well earned) fan following here. I like the "voice" in your writing and look forward to more. Is that your truck with the ARB on the front?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, that's a nice article. Don't forget Demello for bumpers and off road stuff, they have a huge (well earned) fan following here. I like the "voice" in your writing and look forward to more. Is that your truck with the ARB on the front?
Thanks a lot! :)
Yea I will be sure to add them in, there are so many brands its easy to forget a few. And no thats not my truck but I actually am looking in to buy an ARB fairly soon.

I really appreciate your feedback!

·
Registered
838 Posts
:clap:Hey, My FJ made the Squidoo:wave:
I have been published!!!!:bigthumb:

:rofl:is that good or bad?:mecry:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:clap:Hey, My FJ made the Squidoo:wave:
I have been published!!!!:bigthumb:

:rofl:is that good or bad?:mecry:
Awesome! I knew that was an FJ I had seen before but I wasn't sure whos it was, now i know! I'll be sure to credit you on there ;)

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Great compilation you put together there, good job!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey everyone, just updating that I coded the page a little better so its nicer to look at

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey everyone,
Great thread! I think the budgeted breakdown is awesome and is a great help. For those of that choose (or can) to indulge on higher priced items when we can is also a great help. Just getting it past the wife is another thing though! In any case I am looking for some technical advice for the differences in part numbers for essentially the same thing, the ARB Bull bar for the 2010 FJ. I went to my local 4Wheel Parts dealer in El Cajon today and a very interesting question came up, what is the difference between P/N ARB3420200 and ARB3420210. One is priced in the $800 range and the other one is in the $1200 dollar range. The guy at the store is looking into it but I am hoping someone can get a quicker answer. Thanks all, any help would be of great appreciation.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is interesting. I am not sure what the difference may be, unless one is powder coated or something. Maybe you can google it!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Gdub-
I called ARB and inquired about the two part numbers and the guy told me that the 210 (last three) is the correct bumper due to fitment for the '10 model year in regards to the front skid plate, air flow and is actually priced lower.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok good to know! Sorry I wasn't more of a help!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And thanks to everyone for all of the feeback! Keep it coming!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry to keep commenting on this, but I made some more updates, it gets better every day! ;)

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Great website. Well done in putting it together. Have it bookmarked. :rocker:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Update-
Got the ARB with my 9.5XP installed on it and I could not be more pleased! The guys at 4Wheel Parts in El Cajon were nothing less than amazing! I was on a time crunch and did everything they could to get me my FJ back to me. I don't have a pic yet but I will say from experience that installing big bumpers is not an easy task to make it look perfect (I put an ARB Sahara bar on my old '02 F-250). I will post pics tomorrow of my FJ.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Awesome! Can't wait to see some picks! I was thinking about putting up some individual pics on there soon so maybe I'll use one if yours!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts