Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greating all......As you can tell this is my first post but have been lurking for awhile. In the next 2 weeks I want to purchase a TT Iceberg or Sandstone FJ. I have free airfare in the US and will travel to find a bargain on a FJ. From my lurking around, seems like Maryland has the best deals? If I can save a thousand or so bucks from where I live- I'll fly in and use the extra savings on hitting a couple of major league ball parks on my way home and make a mini vacation out of my savings......I own 4 toyota's now and bought them locally...(Sequ. T-100 and two new corolla's).

I haven't got down with the dealership here yet but I think I might do better elsewhere..... any ideas......Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like I'm going to purchase here..My wife is employed by a company that has a buyers incentive program with a Toyota dealership here. I was quoted a FJ TT at $29,797. I dont think I can travel and purchase much cheaper...

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
They just got one on lot at Gene Reed Toyota in Charleston SC. Pretty good guys to work with and if you are in military or member of USAA can save big bucks....$500 over actual dealer cost with any accessories is what I got priced through my USAA membership.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Im not sure about the USAA price thing. I tried that at the one nearest me that does USAA and his best price was $28,900. If you look at the USAA website pricing compared to the spreadsheet posted elsewhere here it looks like the USAA invoice is inflated over the real one. He first came back at $30,000 and claimed on a special edition he couldnt do the preferred pricing.

I bought mine local for their real invoice plus $500 and Im at $28,000 even. Just waiting to see if one in port is really spoken for or not. If it is then my dealer is getting one off the next shipment to port.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
I got mine with Convenience Group, ATRAC package 2, Savings Group, Tow package, .....pretty much everything except fog lights, bluetooth, leather seats, passenger armrests.......and was less than what the dealer tried to tell me was their invoice cost. So showed him the printout I got from USAA and dealer in Columbia SC...and they dropped their jaws....and the fun began for the next 4 hours. LOL

Good luck....I am in middle of having them remove the REESE hitch on my FJ and put the Toyota one on instead. Should have it in and done on Monday or Tuesday. :)

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
There's one here in Birmingham, Al. at Serra Toyota. Great deal. That is where I got mine for less than 29k. Ask for Morgan Smith.

·
Registered
10 Posts
anyone looking I know the san diego dealers received two autos each as of 5/15/08. Carlsbad and Mossy for sure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I drove by a dealer on I-10 just outside of Mobile, AL about 20 mins East. I saw three TTs sitting there near the highway.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
I drove by a dealer on I-10 just outside of Mobile, AL about 20 mins East. I saw three TTs sitting there near the highway.
That would be Eastern Shore Toyota. Ive heard they are trying to move some vehicles, though after doing 2 test drives they never called me back about a truck, even with me telling them I had money in hand and was ready to sign.

Palmers Airport Toyota in west Mobile has a Trail Team 6spd with no options sitting in front of the show room. I bought mine there and they were great. If you are interested PM me and I can tell you who to deal with.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Take your pick here in Texas. I have seen TT on 8 different lots in the DFW area. I got my TT at Toyota of Lewisville. Great service and a great deal. Talk to Raj. He even drove to OK to pick mine up when the truck bringing it down here broke down. That's what I call service.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Parker Toyota in Coeur d Alene, Idaho has one on the lot as of 6/3/08. Bought mine there in Feb. and got a great deal. Please buy this one and take it out of state, as I want to be the only one in town driving one of these beauties!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
TT here in North Charleston SC at Gene Reed Toyota....been there for over a month without moving.

I got a great deal on mine using USAA but hear the same can be done through COSTCO as well. The met the pricing I was given....and through in some extras to move it off the lot rather than have me special order.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Bought mine from Beth Elliott at Fred Haas in Houston. Several in Houston but Haas was only one who would order exactly as I want. I looked and e-mailed every dealer in TX, OK, and most in NM and KY. OK has some good TT and so do a few in KY. But gulf states adds so much trash on them, I got mine straight from the port. NO added options other than CQ and SE.

·
Registered
137 Posts
If you are willing to go to OH, there are some deals to be had there. I am in WV, and by going to OH, they have $750 rebate. I got a TT SE MSRP $32937 (CQ, SE, C7), I paid $28687 after rebate. Basically invoice less the rebate. I know of at least one other deal at this pricing. If you want PM me.

Thanks
Jay

·
Registered
187 Posts
There is one on the lot at findlay toyota, here in las vegas. 32k and it is a manual transmission.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts