Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´d like to buy some parts and accessories.
checked some of the sponsors here, but their range is small or they to not ship to Germany.
I will need:
2 back door cargo net
Oil filter
Air filter
whipper blades
and may be 4 TRD Aloy rims
etc.

·
Registered
283 Posts
toyotaparts4u.com

trdsource.com

trdsparks.com

I've had good luck with all of them.

Although those whipper blades sound like they'd hurt! ouch.

·
Registered
283 Posts

·
Banned
2,051 Posts
nineeight9898 said:
isn't that trdparts4u?
website said:
This is a new site born from the world renowned TRDparts4u.com, specializing in off-roaders' needs and wants. To get started, please click on an image to the left, you will find what is only the beginning of what we offer......
yes it is. brand building, "specialized", "targeted", however you want to label it.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
OOooooo. Lets all sit back and watch how THIS plays out!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys.

bcsfj: I am near Regensburg, about 100miles NE of Munich.
where in Texas are you? I was 2001 in Texas - from Houston the coast down to Brownsville, San Antonio, New Braunfels. very interesting.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I personally would go for 5 TRD rims.
Silver are an easy find. Grey good luck. Black, better odds hitting the lottery.
Unless you are best friends with a TRD parts guy.

There is a member selling 5 silver TRDs for $625ish free shipping to a US address some where in the classified here.

The rest of the stuff on your list are an easy order/shipment, except the whipper blades,they are hard to come by.
You can substitute those with wiper blades or wiper blades refills.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm ROTFL over here!
haha couldn't resist

I guess that was mean on my part. I couldn't speak a word of German if my life depended on it. So good for him for trying.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Ich bin in der nehe von Houston. Have you checked with any of the previously listed companies for shipping costs?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HI
have checked with them but negativ.
I found out, that one of the Ebay vendors is offering also shipping to Germany.
I also would like to have a printed repair manual.
none of the listed suppliers are offering it.
all just sell the CD-ROM version.
bye

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Hi Werner,

Can't the local Toyota dealership order these parts for you? I know it will take a lot of time to receive them, but it should be possible. I bought extra filters, wipers etc because I read on here that it takes so long to get them.

Grüss von Buchholz in der Nordheide...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi voodoobrew
I´ve loaded it down.
so far I had it in bits and pieces, now this is a cpl. version.
But this manual is funny to use, it has no index and no structure.
to find something won´t be easy.
your suggestion to buy parts in Germany.....I am sure they are a bit heavely priced. Thats why I am checking to buy several things from the US.
have read your articles, you are in north-germany now.
still shocked with our petrol-prices???
my FJ is converted to run on LPG-Gas which makes driving cheaper than a Prado-diesel.
thanks for your help
bye werner

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Hi voodoobrew
I´ve loaded it down.
so far I had it in bits and pieces, now this is a cpl. version.
But this manual is funny to use, it has no index and no structure.
to find something won´t be easy.
your suggestion to buy parts in Germany.....I am sure they are a bit heavely priced. Thats why I am checking to buy several things from the US.
have read your articles, you are in north-germany now.
still shocked with our petrol-prices???
my FJ is converted to run on LPG-Gas which makes driving cheaper than a Prado-diesel.
thanks for your help
bye werner
Hallo Werner,

I am in a state of culture shock about a lot of things... petrol prices is just one of them. ;) Maybe my life would be better in Bavaria?... I don't know. I found that the natives down there are quite a bit friendlier to Americans than they are here in the north. :( One day at a time...

Well, we just bought a 'new' car. Passat diesel wagon. We got a good deal on it as it was the dealer's demo model. It's nice, with leather, wood trim, higher horsepower, etc. :)

And you are right about things being less expensive in the USA, in general. I finally set up my brand new Apple laptop today, that we bought back in California to save some money. ;)

tschüß!

p.s. how did you get the FJ converted??

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Exiled Woman
I believe you live somewhere far north near Hamburg.
some say it´s a nice City but North Germans are in line with the weather, a bit colder. But they are also more liberal than the friendly but conservative South. May be North Germans are pissed by the weather. :)
I´ve never been up to the North, nothing much of interesting things to me.
but I have seen more from the states than from Germany, in fact, I have been almost everywhere in the US and Canada.

How i converted my FJ? you take it to one of the many LPG-Converter and after 3 days you get a real Gas car back, with a 2nd tank underneath. 60 miles cost me now about 17 $, which is very acceptable for a SUV. Meanwhile there are about 3800 LPG Gas-Stations in Germany. 1 Liter is about 0,70 Euro-cent.
the FJ drinks about 10% more on LPG. Since there are more big cars in Northern Germany, there are more LPG-Converters up there. Hence the price for converting is cheaper in the North - about 2500 for a V6.
nevertheless, I hope you enjoy your stay and it´s far better than Baghdad.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Hi Exiled Woman
I believe you live somewhere far north near Hamburg.
some say it´s a nice City but North Germans are in line with the weather, a bit colder. But they are also more liberal than the friendly but conservative South. May be North Germans are pissed by the weather. :)
I´ve never been up to the North, nothing much of interesting things to me.
but I have seen more from the states than from Germany, in fact, I have been almost everywhere in the US and Canada.

How i converted my FJ? you take it to one of the many LPG-Converter and after 3 days you get a real Gas car back, with a 2nd tank underneath. 60 miles cost me now about 17 $, which is very acceptable for a SUV. Meanwhile there are about 3800 LPG Gas-Stations in Germany. 1 Liter is about 0,70 Euro-cent.
the FJ drinks about 10% more on LPG. Since there are more big cars in Northern Germany, there are more LPG-Converters up there. Hence the price for converting is cheaper in the North - about 2500 for a V6.
nevertheless, I hope you enjoy your stay and it´s far better than Baghdad.
Hi Werner,

Yes, I have come to the same conclusion as you... the weather up here is making these people extremely grumpy. It rains ALL the time. Being a native Californian, I am having a very hard time with this... The only other place I've lived is southern Spain -- also very sunny. :) I'd rather live with sunny, jolly conservatives (in lederhosen :bigthumb:) than cold liberals ANY day, and I am somewhat liberal. ;)

Anyway, as to the LPG conversion... wow, that sounds great. I would consider it, but we may sell the FJ here before we return. And if we do keep it, I guess it would not be accepted back in the USA with that conversion. I'd like to get a Land Rover Defender, but those cannot be brought back to the USA. :rawr:

Have you found the parts yet? You need a connection in the USA -- someone who can buy them and send them to you. ;) How have the reactions been to your FJ? I have not seen one here yet!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts