Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna know where to go in SoCal to get an RC 6" kit installed, and possibly purchased as well. Where to go?

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
So cal is quite a big place, PM socalocfj and see where he got his done, there are plenty of shops, just depends where you live. If you were getting a 3" I'd offer my services for cheap, 12 pack and pizza.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
I'd be up for an install, but my skill level only goes up to 3" lifts.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Amazing! You guys are too kind! Who knows, I may have to take you up on that offer plnfixr320 :p

·
Registered
365 Posts
I was brave enough to have my 3" done at a 4 wheel parts... No issues yet. Based solely on my experience, I'd recommend them, but there's a trick to it, so PM me if interested.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Amazing! You guys are too kind! Who knows, I may have to take you up on that offer plnfixr320 :p
PM if you wanna do it. If you call RC and talk to "Ben" he will give you the forum price and UPS it to you. Once you install it you will need to get an alignment. You will also have to either run wheel spacer/adapters or after market wheels with 4" or less backspacing. I am running 2" spacers, but you could get away with 1" or 1.25" depends on what look you want.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What's the going price to get the RC 6" installed?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I installed the lift myself, so the only cash out of pocket was for the alignment.
free is best :p But I'm wondering what people are paying out there on average.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I remember someone else was looking for a RC 6" install in SoCal and could not find a shop that sold or used Rough Country lifts. Would you feel comfortable installing it yourself? Or installing it at a fellow FJer's house? (did I just make up a new word?) It really is not a huge under taking if you have some mechanical experience.

Plus when it is all over you get to stand back and say, "Yeah I installed the lift on my rig". :rocker:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I couldn't do it myself. I would trust somebody who did it before yeah. I guess I just worry about what if something goes wrong during the install, at least if a shop is doing it, they have the resources to make things right if they screwed it up.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
PM SoCalOcFj. I believe he had his installed. He would know the price.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Again, If you want, I am free this weekend and would like to do a 6" kit install. I got the tools and garage. PM if interested. Going rate is beer and pizza and good conversation. Lemme know, I've done 5 lift installs of different kinds already and if you have the no cut kit it should take about a half day. It'd be nice to do one of these.

·
Registered
864 Posts
There are not many things that could go wrong with the install. I did have to do a bit of fitting on my install. It was not a big deal and added about 20 min total to the install. I have a garage and all the tools needed. I even bought a 12mm allen socket (for the diff drop bracket) from Snap-on to do my install.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't have my kit yet guys lol. I have my other car I need to put wheels on first. All in due time my friends... thanks for all the kind offers, we'll see what happens when I get all that stuff in :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.