Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Biolight stove officially getting ordered next paycheck. Keep the ideas and suggestions coming.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Biolight stove officially getting ordered next paycheck. Keep the ideas and suggestions coming.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
can you do a review on it? I'm interested in seeing how it proforms

·
Registered
2 Posts
I used a lot of israeli dressings as a combat medic, they are very handy. In a pinch you could use it just as an ace bandage and you can also tighten it to create a strong tourniquet effect but I wouldn't count on the clip holding it for long in that situation. You could also make a DIY with an ace bandage, 4x4 or 6x6 dressing, and some way to secure it with tape or velcro.

I never used a combat action tourniquet in a real world situation but in practice/theory they seem very solid. You can also prep/diy your own tourniquets, but this one will allow you to apply it with one hand if you're alone and injured. With that the CAT I'd still extra tape to secure the rod, the velcro is good but if life depends on it extra tape is worth it.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
After clicking your link and wiping the drool off of my face, i bought this.

I cant find reviews, since it is THAT new and i don't think its even out yet(says people will be getting theirs in June, mine in July) BUT if this thing is legit ($129 is worth a shot to me, id rather get it for that price than what it could end up costing if it is as good as im hoping) it will be amazing.

I will not have this to use on a regular camping basis, it will be 100% emergency in my bug out bag along with my dragonfly and natty gas.

Because when i run out of fossil fuels, and need a quick boil or meal etc this thing will be amazing..

Does anyone have one? *freaks out* DOES ANYONE HAVE ONE?? I really want to know more about this!:clap:
I am ordering mine this payday so you will actually get your before I get mine! Keep your fingers crossed!

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,832 Posts

·
A-Team Moderator
7,920 Posts
I have a very similar pac in my truck but in addition to the SWAT T, I have a large wide band of inner tube like material that can be used as either a compression bandage or a tourniquet. It also has a thick cause pad and occlusive dressings. The entire thing is about the size and snap of your hand laid out flat.

T handle and extra stuff is in my go bag.
I forgot to mention that I have one of those too, because we have some BIG boys out here that a regular T would not fit.

Pro Med Kits - Tactical Travel Pro

That stove is a cool idea. I am going to contact them about becoming a dealer to sell them. :thinkerg:
I'm down for the HOME (the larger one) Stove when it becomes available.

You and WILSON need to work out some S&H deals for the Islands please as I plan on doing ALOT of purchasing towards the end of the year when I return home. :cheers:

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,832 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
x2 on Midway, Campmor and Cabelas. Bought lots of stuff from the latter two over the years. I can't drive past a Cabelas w/o stopping.

Few months back I was looking for mags for an LC9 and nobody stocked them except Midway. Price was better than I had found elsewhere and service/shipping was outstanding.

Also a vote for Sportsman's Warehouse. We have both a Cabelas and SW in town and often find better prices at the latter.

Ace

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Looking for places to get nice stream lights/head lamps for reasonable money. Anyone recommend brands or sites that sell them?

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
As a Supporting Vendor of FJCruiser Forums we should tell you that we also have Stream lights and head lamps. Surefire, Streamlight, 911, Vision X, Rigid etc. Give us a call if you would like. If there is enough interest in a particular light we may consider putting on a Group Buy for the Forum.

Looking for places to get nice stream lights/head lamps for reasonable money. Anyone recommend brands or sites that sell them?

21 - 40 of 46 Posts