Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we've talked about music when we all get to Ouray, but how about the best tunes for the the drive to Ouray?

We all have our tried and true faves, so let's get those out here. At the same time, let's do what we can to share some of our favorite bands that may be on our respective local radars, and not yet a part of the American music lexicon.

In that respect, I'm throwing out Windshield Wipers, Black Road, and Whiskey by a Sacramento band called Jackpot. Check them out at
MySpace.com - JACKPOT - Does it really matter anymore? - Hard House / French pop / Turntablism - www.myspace.com/jackpot

And there's this band out of Reno called Hellbound Glory. A great present-day C&W band influenced by David Allen Coe, Waylon, Johnny Cash and a few other legends. MySpace.com - Hellbound Glory - RENO/ ABERDEEN WA, Nevada - Country / Rockabilly / Bluegrass - www.myspace.com/hellboundglory

Let's get this going FJers...

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
I have tons of cd's, but one double cd I always break out for a road trip is:

Metallica's S&M

You have the symphony and Metallica working together. It is truly a great double cd. Both albums are almost at capacity, so you won't have to change the cd as often as usual (I hate 30min cd's!).

·
Registered
313 Posts
Ipod on shuffle.... or
Fear and Loathing in LV sound track
and anything by the best band in the history o' the world
(dont bother arguing) :rocker:.
MIKE PATTON IS GOD

·
Registered
851 Posts
Jimmy Buffett boxed set. Boats Beaches Bars Ballads
:sunny:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The double disc Pearl Jam greatest hits album was spinning in my truck for a long time. State of Love and Trust is an incendiary track.

Now, anyone recommend music from local bands from their part of the country. I'm always up for finding new bands and championing their music to others.

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
The double disc Pearl Jam greatest hits album was spinning in my truck for a long time. State of Love and Trust is an incendiary track.

Now, anyone recommend music from local bands from their part of the country. I'm always up for finding new bands and championing their music to others.
The Flobots are blowing up here. They just got signed by Universal. I think you can get their album on amazon download. I highly recommend their album. Listen to "Handlebars", it is ridiculously catchy. I'm not really a hip-hop fan, but I wouldn't really call them hip-hop. They have a classically trained viola player, an amazing bass player, plus the usual band mates. They are positive and politically minded. Look them up.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
2 best driving songs ever, radar love by golden earring and locomotive breath by jethro tull.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
The Flobots are blowing up here. They just got signed by Universal. I think you can get their album on amazon download. I highly recommend their album. Listen to "Handlebars", it is ridiculously catchy. I'm not really a hip-hop fan, but I wouldn't really call them hip-hop. They have a classically trained viola player, an amazing bass player, plus the usual band mates. They are positive and politically minded. Look them up.
I heardem first on Dominicg's myspace, noe they play em on the radio like 10 times a day here in san diego. They are fun though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Most anything by Sunny Ledfurd.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Pat Green, Kevin Fowler, and after the wife falls asleep (which will take 3-4 songs) I'm rockin Silverchair.

·
Registered
876 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
Barry Manilow, The Carpenters, Neil Sedaka. :rocker:

Seriously, from here, The Beat Farmers!

M

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
By Road trip ,I assume that your mean open highway. In that case, the Allman Brothers Band carries the most distance for me. The whole chronology from Duanne to Warren will make the miles melt as you boogie down the Interstate with the windows shut, the A/C maxed and the music volume over the red line. "Lord I was born a rambling man...." pretty much sums it all up.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
By Road trip ,I assume that your mean open highway. In that case, the Allman Brothers Band carries the most distance for me. The whole chronology from Duanne to Warren will make the miles melt as you boogie down the Interstate with the windows shut, the A/C maxed and the music volume over the red line. "Lord I was born a rambling man...." pretty much sums it all up.
You are correct. Since we're all pretty much travelling from a couple states away, I figure we'll be burning through our music catalogs. Looking for new stuff to help pass the miles.

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
buddy guy, government mule, Fourplay, The album called Rush by Eric clapton is a good one,and i like to mix it up with some buddy emmons, and any jazz guitar..

if my son is with, well thats a whole different story, he listens to good rock music at least bud it is people i never heard of before, Bucket head,lol wild,steve vai, van halen,

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
I'm sorry Mo, I know not of these people you speak of. Were they around in the 1980s or before?
You were just a lad in knickers when Barry, Karen, and Neil were burnin' up the airwaves. Or 8-Tracks.

Not to be confused with A-Trac.

Want me to post a picture of me in 1977? Ha ha!

M

1 - 20 of 33 Posts