Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:clap:Took my baby FJ out for the first time today...it was great. I have never really gone wheeling and now have the bug...mostly because of you all (thanks). I tore up my factory running boards (was going to take them off anyway):clap: and now need to get some rock slidders. Any input on what I should be looking for? I will do some light to moderate off roading, but it is a daily driver too.

Thanks for any input...and thanks for mod fever.

·
Registered
4 Posts
AC95,
I purchased my 08 FJ with factory running boards. They look nice for the Mall-Cruisers. They are worthless for off-roading. One of the first off-road accessories I installed was the All-Pro Offroad rock sliders. They are extremely well built. You will need to find someone to powdercoat them. Good luck.

Duke

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AC95,
I purchased my 08 FJ with factory running boards. They look nice for the Mall-Cruisers. They are worthless for off-roading. One of the first off-road accessories I installed was the All-Pro Offroad rock sliders. They are extremely well built. You will need to find someone to powdercoat them. Good luck.

Duke
Those look sweet...thanks for the info and input. I like the looks of them

·
fka yotaman
718 Posts
allpros here...and if u wanna have some fun do like i did and go to walmart and get herculiner(roll on bedliner) and do it urself...just make sure u wear latex gloves lol

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
If I were to buy a set of sliders.... Bud Built, no question

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
No complaints with the OEM rock rails. No signs of rust or paint chips. They've held up nicely.

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
I started out with the factory rail, replaced them with Trail Gear. They were fine, but then I had the chance to get a set of the All-Pro kick out rails. I don't think I'll be replacing them, they have worked great.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I started out with the factory rail, replaced them with Trail Gear. They were fine, but then I had the chance to get a set of the All-Pro kick out rails. I don't think I'll be replacing them, they have worked great.
Same here.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Still love my Trail Gear with rattle can truck liner. Been great on the trail for stumps and rocks and nice parking lot pro. Wish I could find the douche who tatered my rear bumper and drove off.......

·
Registered
876 Posts
Well, can't let this thread go on any longer without a mention of personal favorite:
Metal Tech Cage Products

A.W.D.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts