Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 fj and i want to know what the best upgrade would be for an all terrain type suspension, not just stock. I drive it everywhere and live on a dirt road and somtimes take it into the mountains.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Go to search.....advanced search.......then type in "lifts" or "lift kits" or if maybe you have a specific lift you want to research. Thats the best way to get info on suspensions from this site as it has been discussed at length.

Im partial to the RC 6 inch lift kit.....

·
Registered
305 Posts
oh yeah, and make sure you click the "titles only" circle. If you dont, your search will yeild way to many results

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Are you wanting lift, stock height and better springs? The FJ is Really A good ALL terrian Set up right off the show room floor...And AS with anything .. You will run into Prefrence or Brand Loyal, Most of the time when asking for the Best..

·
Banned
1,667 Posts
You can't label any company "the best" but here is a good start
Pure Race Series Bypass Shocks King Off-Road Racing Shocks : kingshocks.com
Order custom to your needs and don't buy off the shelf.
First to to a company like total chaos or camburg and get some upper and lower control arms that work. New lower rear links are a plus
Good luck and remember "the best" gets very expensive because it's never ending

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
It really depends on what kind of lift is going to be right for your set up... think about what you'll be using your rig for most of time and go from there. If yours is going to be mostly a daily driver and you want to conserve gas, go with a practicality. If you're going to mod it with aftermarket bumpers and whatnot down the road you've got to consider what lift will be best to accommodate your future mods, and so on

1 - 9 of 9 Posts