Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anybody can tell me the tallest tire I can fit without a lift? I was looking at 275/70/17 's, also if anybody has had any success blacking out there stock alloy rims please send some pics and what you used. thanks

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
lots of good threads to help you... Good luck getting the tires you like.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have the SE Toyota made BBS rims and blacked them out. Best to use an "adhesion inhibitor" first, kinda looks like a clear coat when it goes on, then wait the allotted time and spray on your color of choice. I used flat black Krylon and it worked find, doesn't chip or flake off. Course if you go muddin or off-roading, you're going to need to touch it up occasionally.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the SE Toyota made BBS rims and blacked them out. Best to use an "adhesion inhibitor" first, kinda looks like a clear coat when it goes on, then wait the allotted time and spray on your color of choice. I used flat black Krylon and it worked find, doesn't chip or flake off. Course if you go muddin or off-roading, you're going to need to touch it up occasionally.
where can i buy the adhesion inhibitor?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm wondering if anybody can tell me the tallest tire I can fit without a lift? I was looking at 275/70/17 's, also if anybody has had any success blacking out there stock alloy rims please send some pics and what you used. thanks
I know that 255/80/17 or 255/85/16 (both 33.1 inches tall) can fit on the fj with no lift. There are several forum members who run that exact setup.:cheers:

·
fka RockWeasel
226 Posts
285/75/16 BFG A/T's fit without a lift.

(Usually)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'll look in to the 255's

·
fka RockWeasel
226 Posts
255's are sweet, lift or not. They don't come in many flavors, but I love my BFG KM2's. I really wish the BFG A/T's came in that ratio. The Cooper S/T's are an option, too, if you aren't into a full mud terrain.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea i was looking at the cooper s/t's in 275/70/17 but the 255's are growing on me!

·
fka RockWeasel
226 Posts
Honestly, my next set of tires is going to be the 255 Discoverer S/T's. Not as good as a 255 BFG A/T would be for my purposes, but they'll work in a pinch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts