Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who?
How?
Price?

I have two maybe three KM2's to send to Montana from Colorado, and the USPS and UPS site both had prices of over $50 a tire, and I swear I heard that it was possible to ship tires for $10-$30 each.

·
Admin
8,939 Posts
Ask them what happens if THEY lose the tire.

I had one shipped, they lost it, and were only gonna give me $40 for a $300 tire. I wasn't impressed.

Long story short, always insure it.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Haha no one has directly answered this.. So I will... grab a UPS or FedEx label and slapped it on... No boxes needed. Ship from a business for a cheaper rate if you can and yeah insurance is usually pretty cheap and well worth it. I learned the hard way.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha no one has directly answered this.. So I will... grab a UPS or FedEx label and slapped it on... No boxes needed. Ship from a business for a cheaper rate if you can and yeah insurance is usually pretty cheap and well worth it. I learned the hard way.
Thats what I thought, but wanted to make sure. Hopefully if I drop em off at the warehouse and ship them to a business it will be a little cheaper.

·
Admin
8,939 Posts
And then they say (at least to me) "oh those labels fall off all the time"

Insure, insure, insure

FYI - It was Purolator here in Canada that had the not-so-stellar customer service.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
I shipped a motorcycle from florida to ohio door to door and it was $350. It took three weeks but a lot of stuff was in this guys rig. He waits till he gets enough shipments of various stuff and makes the trip. Sold an Aprilia RSV Factory to a guy in Hawaii door to door it was $1600. They picked it up at my house drove it to New york then San diego then by ship to a port in Hawaii where it ferried to his island for another $100. I thought the guy was scamming me at first because he was willing to pay so much for shipping but he loved the way I modded it. He wired me full payment to my account after a ten minute conversation. Great guy awesome transaction and he has the only RSV factory on the island. lol
________
HOW TO USE VAPORITE VAPORIZER

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I agree just slap a label on it. thats how tire co's do it.
Agreed. Wrap a few laps of some clear plastic (like cling wrap) around it so it won't fall off.:cheers:

·
Registered
180 Posts
make sure you shrink wrap the label, that's what i did. i know how easily the labels fall off so i run a few wraps around the tire with some shrink wrapor clear tape

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
It's really best to just use the clear adhesive packing tape and wrap it around and around the tire as you cover the label. Between the wrap and the adhesive, it's not coming off. The stretch/cling wrap is extremely iffy and not meant for this type of thing.

I also include a packing slip ( a full piece of paper with all shipment details ) on one package along with the address label.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts