Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 FJ with the stock stereo system (no sub). I also have a 600w Pioneer 4 channel amp that I pulled from another vehicle.

Can anyone give me pointers on where to begin? Not looking for the ultimate sound system, just something that sounds better. Eventually I would like to upgrade to a head unit that supports bluetooth.

Thanks

Justin

·
Registered
54 Posts
Try replacing the dash speakers and the 6x9’s in the doors with higher quality speakers. I had the ones in the headliner disconnected, that helped too.

JL makes a great sub woofer, but very expensive, I replaced the head unit with a JVC with Apple car play, Bluetooth, and two USB ports.

sounds great

·
Registered
68 Posts
OK here you go. I also have an 07 with subwoofer. First disconnect the head liner speaker by disconnecting the plug at the driver kick panel. See pic. Head unit I purchased from Crutchfield. Kicker 6X9's in the doors. Infinity speakers in the dash and rear pillars. Then I installed kicker 6 1/2" speakers in the rear passenger panels. Running them off of the rear pillar speakers. So upgrading the door speakers would be my first thing to do. Then the head unit. Head liners. Then dash and rear pillars. Good luck!

Attachments

Reactions: justinjam
1 - 3 of 3 Posts