Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been taking my FJ up in the woods and getting it nice and dirty. I think it looks best when dirty. The dirtier the better. But then I take it home and I clean it inside and out just like it rolled off the showroom floor.Then I stand back and think it looks best when clean. I'm waiting for the store to open so I can buy some wax.
As soon as I get done polishing it up I know what I'll do........:devil:
But then I'll just take it home and clean it again.
Do they look better clean or dirty?

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
They look good both ways.
Here is an old one, the rig was a lot dirtier than it looks, silver hides it well.

After a detail session from 7 am to 12:30 PM last Saturday.
The whole works, wash, clay, polish, and wax.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Seems like the FJ now days gets more looks when covered in dirt and mud. Not sure if it is that guy must be crazy looks though. :silly: But I tend to like it better with dirt than clean. Plus mines black so the dirt covers up all my pinstripes.:)

And now clean.....

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Definitely Dirty... Black Cherry is not the color to have pinstripes on.. Besides...then she's a chocolate covered Black Cherry

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
I can't answer that question because with the Sandstorm you can't really tell. :lookaround:

·
Registered
550 Posts
I've seen Muddygrrl's rig with mud all over it...even up over the top!...:bigthumb:and it just looks COOL! Dirtier is better...

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
dirty, driving through corn fields does a great job

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Sorry to be the sore thumb, but for me its clean all the way. I don't mind getting it dirty, but ussually its all cleaned off the next day. Espeacailly the inside. While your wheel'in there's not much you can do, and thats fine, but even on the drive home, an overly dusty dash/console bugs me.
Also as equally important as the interior/exterior is the engine bay and undercarraige. Being a mechanic for many years, can tell you (And i'm sure many here can as well) that piled on dirt can hide oil leaks, leaky seals and such, and make mantaince or fixing /upgrading parts a real PITA.
So for me, my rig gets a good washing aafter all off road outings. Dirt is ok, but cleanlyness is preffered.

·
Registered
499 Posts
dirty is awesome, i get some many looks and smiles when it's filthy people just love it.

i go offroading and completely filth it out, or try my best.

then i drive directly to a carwash and spend a good half hour in there.

I pull out of the self car wash with a disgusting truck covered in dirt and mud that has a sparkling undercarriage and engine bay and get some really weird looks from people! :D

my favorite dirty fj moment was just yesterday,
[STORY] I was driving back from DC where I was for a few days, of course the FJ was dirty from the little adventure about a week back. After I get out of the city and off of the beltway i'm sitting on 95 when major traffic backs up. Stuck there for two hours and the fun begins. Cars and trucks, people everywhere looking at the nice filthy truck smiling :). My favorite moment when I pull next to someone new the dad spots the FJ points to it and all the little kids in the back start starring :). [/STORY]

ohh happy days :D

·
Premium Member
6,534 Posts
I've said it before, I think our SF FJ looks just as good clean or dirty. Around here, the reality is that you can't get your vehicle washed in the dead of winter so there's no choice often.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
It looks better at the mall DIRTY!!!!:rocker::jester:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sun Fusion looks so aggressive dirty it's hard to clean it.

But it's so damn pretty clean.

I go out, get it filthy, admire it for a couple days, get excited to wash it, wash it, admire it for a couple days, and then go right back out and get it filthy again.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts