Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As an Xmas gift from the wife in Nov of 2008, we got the only 6MT 4x4 in the Austin area and it happened to be the color that I wanted.:bigthumb: I couldn't wait to start molesting this thing.

From the night we picked it up from Round Rock Toyota.

·
Premium Member
16,962 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! Look forward to seeing the mods.

·
Banned
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking good, great start!
Congrats on the purchase! Look forward to seeing the mods.
Thank you very much.

Looks like everything will be coming together this week. As usual, looks like I'll be doing suspension work by myself. What ever happened to friends that would wrench for beer? :cheers:

·
Banned
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks great!!
Thank you!

Put the lift and diff drop on today. Unfortunately had to rock it solo therefore I was too beat to take pics. Will try to grab pics tomorrow before and after the wheels/tires go on in the afternoon.:rocker:

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Looks great!

·
Banned
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Wheels and tires are on! No thanks to 4 Wheel Parts(I won't get into it) but thanks to the NTB across the street from 4WP.:bigthumb: I haven't put the Spidertrax on due to a lug nut deficiency but to my surprise the wheels/tire combo fit. Wheels are KMC Enduro 17x9 with 5.00 backspacing(0 offset) wrapped with 33x12.50 Nitto Mud Grapplers. So far they clear brakes, UCA's, and body mount. I'm about to go test it out some more and hopefully it stays that way or the mounts are getting chopped. I also put the Toytec diff drop on while under the truck.

·
Banned
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looking great and nice start! Let us know when you come up to Dallas! I assume you're going to have Digger at Outrider Offroad or Justin at Rocktek do the chop?
Thanks! Yes, I'm going to give Justin a call and hopefully I will be able to get this done soon, sounds like he's a busy dude.

I will definitely let DFW crew know. I owe WILSON a beer. :cheers:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm really digging your VooDoo FJ. I too have an 08 VDB. I keep reading posts like yours about wheels and lifts and fitment etc. trying to come up with a plan for mine. You mentioned in an earlier post that you had not installed the Spidertrax. I'm assuming you mean adapters? And if so, did you ever install them? Is the rubbing with, or without, those adapters?

Thanks!

Aaron

·
Banned
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm really digging your VooDoo FJ. I too have an 08 VDB. I keep reading posts like yours about wheels and lifts and fitment etc. trying to come up with a plan for mine. You mentioned in an earlier post that you had not installed the Spidertrax. I'm assuming you mean adapters? And if so, did you ever install them? Is the rubbing with, or without, those adapters?

Thanks!

Aaron
Thanks for the compliments, Aaron.

I did the same thing from the day I signed up on this forum to now. I read through thread after thread until I knew exactly what I wanted to do.

Yes, I purchased the 1.25'' Spidertrax spacers because I thought that with a rim backspacing of 5 inches and the 33x12.50 tire size, I would need them to clear my UCA's and maybe even my brakes. There is a lot of confusion and misleading info in the Wheel/Tire forum(what fits, what doesn't). I found that member build threads contained better info and advice. Fortunately, the only rubbing that I have come across is just a little friction when at full lock and only in reverse on the body mount. This is without the Spidertrax.

Here's a link...
Toyota Hub Centric Wheel Spacer Kit

I hope this helps,
Ian

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Them Nitto Mud Terrains really are wicked looking! I like the KMC rims too...Do they come with a center cap? Kinda of looks naked without them.

Looks like your well on your way and I can see a set of rock sliders and Bushwhackers in your future :rocker: :cheers:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts