Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the better lift, im lookin for looks and a nice ride with ocasional trail riding but nothing crazy at all. both lifts have coils and shocks

·
Registered
148 Posts
i got OME and love it not formilar with pro comp lift but i think there are spacers in the front OME doesnt have any spacers lift is through the spring good luck with lift

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Well are you going to add a bumper, winch, etc?

OME medium is a safe choice if you're going to add weight, otherwise the OME light would be the choice for you.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
I know it seems rare...but I have the Skyjacker 3" and love it. it comes with 2 front struts with raised spring purches, 2 rear shocks, rear lift springs, and extended sway bar links with poly bushings...all for $400! i have a front bumper with winch and looks perfect!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am also looking for lefting parts for my FJ

but still searching for the best recommended

good luck :)

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
i got OME and love it not formilar with pro comp lift but i think there are spacers in the front OME doesnt have any spacers lift is through the spring good luck with lift
The Pro Comp is not a spacer lift, it is coils/struts, shocks at all four corners. I had one on my last FJ and found it to ride a little nose high and a little stiff in the rear. If you are adding a aftermarket bumper and/or winch it should help settle that.
Well are you going to add a bumper, winch, etc?

OME medium is a safe choice if you're going to add weight, otherwise the OME light would be the choice for you.
X2...I think all around the OME is a better product and will most likely be my next lift...or a toytec.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My vote is for OME. They sell quality parts ans specialize in Toyotas. They also have different kits available for the FJ depending on the amount of weight you want to add like a winch and bumper. Check out Camel4x4, they are very similar to OME and offer a range of kits as well.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I have the OME, ARB front bumper with winch. Good ride and manners on and off road.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I've had my OME on for almost 20k miles and I have 0 complaints. I got them used from a member and they were still awesome. I'm probably going to switch out the shocks soon though for the nitrocharger sport shocks. But, I may not get that done till next fall when I get the bring my FJ to college with me haha.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok so the ome is better, now is it the coils that make it better? or the shocks?

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
both, and lastly customer service is awesome :rocker:.. they helped me with no questions asked when I had a problem.. sent me a new coil before I could even get mine off of Fa~jay~jay to send back....

I have OME heavies (886's front and 896's rear)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wow i have not herd 1 bad thing about the OME's yet im liking what i hear!!! does anyone have any pics of the angle of the cv boot, this is what worries me about lifts, i dont want it to cause problems like it did to my buddies

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have owned the procomp 3" lift for a year now, and I am very satisfied with it. yes it has settled some, but not enough to be worried about. Granted i dont have bumpers or a winch or skid plates or anything, i believe that for the money, it rides alright. However, in a year or so after I save up some money, I would like to upgrade to Icons or Toytec, but until then it is a nice medium-grade lift. Just my two cents FWIW

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for the input!!! the price is pretty compelling!

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
I also have the procomp 3". I added a 1.25 daystar spacer in the rear. in total 4 inches of lift all four corners measured before and after. Rides fine, a little stiff in the back but the front is great. I bought it for around $500 and the daystar spacers were 39.99.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Can't go wrong with OME (In my opinion), I'm contemplating buying a lift from them soon!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts