Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the rapid force exhaust system in MY 2010 FJ AT with stock tires and rims. I now get 22mpg city and 24mpg hiway. This is a 2-4 mpg increase over what I got with the stock exhaust. It is not snake oil, this actually works. when I had mud tires and steelies I got 17mpg -20mpg. It took about 4 tanks of gas to stabilize. If any one is interested I can post a picture of it installed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Colorado Springs

·
Premium Member
6,519 Posts
when I had mud tires and steelies I got 17mpg -20mpg.
Are you saying your not running mud tires anymore?

DEWFPO

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you saying your not running mud tires anymore?

DEWFPO
I saw your pony expresss add. You must read Buffalo Bills biography by his sister. He was a rider for a while.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
I installed the rapid force exhaust system in MY 2010 FJ AT with stock tires and rims. I now get 22mpg city and 24mpg hiway. This is a 2-4 mpg increase over what I got with the stock exhaust. It is not snake oil, this actually works. when I had mud tires and steelies I got 17mpg -20mpg. It took about 4 tanks of gas to stabilize. If any one is interested I can post a picture of it installed.
Please post. I would like to see it. I would also like to know the cost of such.

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
These mileage readings aren't by chance from a Scanguage are they ?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
IN MY OPINION!!! I think the entire increase in mileage is due to taking the mud tires off. I put some Goodyear Duratracs on my rig and I lost a good 1 to 2 miles per gallon and they are not that aggresive. I hope your claim is right.
Good luck. ...............:bigthumb:

·
Registered
147 Posts
I call shenanigans.... Pdf flyer links to a non-functional website which links to a non-existent website...

Any technology that actually could improve fuel efficiency and reduce emissions by such an extent would be worth billions of dollars and everyone would be lining up for a piece of the action. They wouldn't put out a lousy flyer and not have a website...

Doesn't sound much like a game changing company...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1. Mileage pre-exhaust with stock tires was 17-20. I never got better than 20 mpg on the highway. Now I got 22mpg. I am seeing 2mpg across the board increase.
I put on mud tires and it dropped to 14-16mpg. So I thought I would try it out. After 4 tanks I was getting 16-18mpg uncorrected for 33" tire diameter.
2. Mileage was computed miles/gallons.
3. I dont know why the website is down. I'll call tonight.
4. The thing is patened and he is entertaining offers to sell the rights to manufacture it.
5. It costs 450 and it will work on any car or truck.
6. The FJ has a very efficient engine and that is why I am only seeing 10% increase in mileage. Older trucks see 20%.
7. I will take a picture and try to post tomorrow. I havent posted pictures before.
8. I can see why it seems like shenanigans. But I know this guy and he is in negotiations on a deal to sell the rights to manufacture. It is in the multi-million dollar range.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I was getting 22mpg combined running low grade gas when I was in Denver last summer... Something about that mountain air.

Stock everything except TRD exhaust.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Please post a picture, would like to see it installed. :cheers:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Now THAT's funny. :lol:

End of the world tomorrow? What time?, I gotta mow the lawn. :rofl: Then I'll go buy some magic beans to improve my mileage. Nothing personal, but there are so many MPG boosting scams that I am left to wonder if there is hope for the continued survival of mankind, or if we will devolve back into apes. Please, post a picture of this new miracle. I'll repost an encouraging pic stolen from someone else's post that seems appropriate here:

[/url][/IMG]

·
Registered
310 Posts
Here is a pic from the company's FB page. OMG.
:cowfrown:
[/url][/IMG]

I suppose it is better than piling the cash up and setting on fire...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts