Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A better suspension? I am looking to keep the stock ride height. I am wondering what the best stock size shock their is?

·
Registered
876 Posts
A better suspension? I am looking to keep the stock ride height. I am wondering what the best stock size shock their is?
If you want good/best, I believe the Donahoe/Icon front coilovers are adjustable in both directions, and would easily allow for a stock ride height if adjusted correctly. Additionally of course, you can always bump it up in the future if you desire.

As for the rear, most any good aftermarket shocks installed alone without new rear coils will leave your ride height stock.

A.W.D.

·
Registered
309 Posts
i had the same question, i'm looking to get some better off-road shocks but need to keep the height the same so my FJ will still fit in the garage. I've looked at Rancho and Pro Comp but i jsut don't know enough about them to determine what is good or not.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
There are a few adjustable coilovers that allow for 0-3.5in of lift. I went with ICON because they are the only company to offer IVD protective coating. I'm pretty sure you can maintain 0 lift with Fox and KING too.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Bilsteins!!! Like the ones on the TRD SE and the TT SE. :D

·
Registered
834 Posts
the trd shocks are nice but i think they are pretty pricey, im contemplating on selling my blisten shocks that came off my fj but im might just keep them and sell the ome lift at a later date.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts