Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
beware of the user Goneboarding25. I "traded" him my OEM sub box and new Premier shallow sub for the panels that cover the holes when the sub is removed. I shipped him the sub in the sub box with the mounting hardware. Cost me 58 bucks, He was supposed to cross ship the panels. He told me several times he was going to send me the tracking number but he never did. Always had some lame excuse. He has not responded to my last two emails. His name is Sean Curry. I have a friend in security for the Army that is getting me info on his command so that I can report him for his fraudulent behavior.

Just wanted to let everyone know that he is not one to "trade" with.
Im still looking for the panels to fill in my holes from the sub. If anyone has them and wants to sell them let me know.

Thanks.

Another user pointed me to this previous link regarding this user.

Goneboarding25 worst buyer ever.

I can tell you that this guy is a fraud and I am going to see that he is reported to his command.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Re: bewre of the user goneboarding25. He is a fraud.

Thanks for the heads up.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Being a member of the military, maybe he is currently deployed or "in the field" and simply cannot communicate? Just my 2¢. I'm not trying to justify or condone his behavior, but I'm just saying it's possible...

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Being a member of the military, maybe he is currently deployed or "in the field" and simply cannot communicate? Just my 2¢. I'm not trying to justify or condone his behavior, but I'm just saying it's possible...
Understood. I trusted him because he was in the military and shipped him the sub and box on trust. He was on the forum yesterday. he is non responsive and has told me any times he had shipped it and was going to send me the tracking number but he never sent it and now he wont answer any emails.
its been 21 days with no contact.

·
Registered
458 Posts

he is not on field ... he srew me up and moderators close my topic ... and GB25 never return my emails and private messages ....

so be aware of this guy who call himself solder ..... in my book he is as...le

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

he is not on field ... he srew me up and moderators close my topic ... and GB25 never return my emails and private messages ....

so be aware of this guy who call himself solder ..... in my book he is as...le
I have reported him to his commander. If you also report him maybe we can get him to respond and take care of his business. his commanders email address is posted in this thread a few posts up

·
Registered
458 Posts

I have reported him to his commander. If you also report him maybe we can get him to respond and take care of his business. his commanders email address is posted in this thread a few posts up
see moderator again get to here and try to keep quiet ... its not right ... MODERATORS OR HELP SOLVE THE PROBLEM OR STAY OUT OF WAY!!!!

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts

see moderator again get to here and try to keep quiet ... its not right ... MODERATORS OR HELP SOLVE THE PROBLEM OR STAY OUT OF WAY!!!!
Posting of personal info is against forum policy, regardless of the situation.

·
Premium Member
8,997 Posts

WE are not a collection agency or court
You are responsible for transactions , good or bad
We will only step in to keep the peace, or stop posting that have a persons personal information.
You need to take safeguards to protect your transactions . Paypal, etc.
We understand your frustration, but cannot allow this to be a free for all .

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

understood. Sorry for breaking the rules. Wont happen again.

·
Registered
458 Posts

WE are not a collection agency or court
You are responsible for transactions , good or bad
We will only step in to keep the peace, or stop posting that have a persons personal information.
You need to take safeguards to protect your transactions . Paypal, etc.
We understand your frustration, but cannot allow this to be a free for all .
I understand that .. but you guys close one topic and now another member of our family got into problem with a same guy ... does this mean you should step up ??? fine don't step up but....

as I wrote in my topic and you can read that ... I post so people dont do my mistake .... how many more people gonna have problem with a same guy until you guys gonna do anything about???

·
Premium Member
8,997 Posts

It was closed, because it got nasty. Not because you were just giving information.
The warning information, was let go on this thread, until the personal information was put out .
The rest of it is still there. If it stays within the rules, it won't be closed.

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts

Don (Wikid) already stated what we are and are not.

One solution is to remove all buy/sell/trade sub-forums from this forum. That way we won't have any problems like this ever again.

·
Registered
458 Posts

sooo ..... how many more people gonna have problem with a same guy until you guys gonna do anything about ???
just curios to hear answer .....:simmadown::simmadown::simmadown:

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts

Word of advice for those who have the e-mail address and info that was posted. Read the Fair Collections Act and how it pertains to contacting employers. You may be setting yourself up for civil liabilities. Just my advice, take it or leave it.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

guys, I shouldn't have posted the guys personal info. He pissed me off and I figured I would post it incase any others had the same issues. I already knew of yuryz issue but didnt untill after gonboarding25 did the same thing to me. I trusted the guys because he seemed like a cool guy at first and he was in the military. I know that dosent mean anything about how a person really is but I figured I would take my chances with him. shame on him for not being trustworthy. Thats his problem, not mine. Sure, I lost a sub and a box out of the deal but he has lost his integrity. I can buy the panels he was supposed to give me in trade for little compared to what it will cost him in his loss of integrity on the fourms due to this incident and previous ones.

the short story is that I reported him to his commander, I am sure that I am not the first to do so. I hope he somehow gets some help or whatever he needs to stop doing this.

I have already had another member step up and offer to sell me some panels and I am real close to plugging the hole in my 07 FJ and thats all I wanted to do in the first place.

live and learn.........

ps.....dont close the buy/sell/trade sub forum. I have some junk Ill be wanting to unload pretty soon.....

1 - 20 of 119 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.