Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEWARE of the user goneboarding25. He is a FRAUD!

10K views 118 replies 35 participants last post by  Athena 
#1 ·
beware of the user Goneboarding25. I "traded" him my OEM sub box and new Premier shallow sub for the panels that cover the holes when the sub is removed. I shipped him the sub in the sub box with the mounting hardware. Cost me 58 bucks, He was supposed to cross ship the panels. He told me several times he was going to send me the tracking number but he never did. Always had some lame excuse. He has not responded to my last two emails. His name is Sean Curry. I have a friend in security for the Army that is getting me info on his command so that I can report him for his fraudulent behavior.

Just wanted to let everyone know that he is not one to "trade" with.
Im still looking for the panels to fill in my holes from the sub. If anyone has them and wants to sell them let me know.

Thanks.

Another user pointed me to this previous link regarding this user.

Goneboarding25 worst buyer ever.

I can tell you that this guy is a fraud and I am going to see that he is reported to his command.

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: bewre of the user goneboarding25. He is a fraud.

Thanks for the heads up.

#5 ·
Being a member of the military, maybe he is currently deployed or "in the field" and simply cannot communicate? Just my 2¢. I'm not trying to justify or condone his behavior, but I'm just saying it's possible...

#6 ·

Understood. I trusted him because he was in the military and shipped him the sub and box on trust. He was on the forum yesterday. he is non responsive and has told me any times he had shipped it and was going to send me the tracking number but he never sent it and now he wont answer any emails.
its been 21 days with no contact.

#14 ·

It was closed, because it got nasty. Not because you were just giving information.
The warning information, was let go on this thread, until the personal information was put out .
The rest of it is still there. If it stays within the rules, it won't be closed.

#32 ·

Don (Wikid) already stated what we are and are not.

One solution is to remove all buy/sell/trade sub-forums from this forum. That way we won't have any problems like this ever again.
I remember once I had an issue, you offered to pay the guy a visit for me, but then again this was pre mod status. Now you gotta be all fox news motto on us. LOL

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)

sooo ..... how many more people gonna have problem with a same guy until you guys gonna do anything about ???
just curios to hear answer .....:simmadown::simmadown::simmadown:

#18 ·

Word of advice for those who have the e-mail address and info that was posted. Read the Fair Collections Act and how it pertains to contacting employers. You may be setting yourself up for civil liabilities. Just my advice, take it or leave it.

#20 ·

guys, I shouldn't have posted the guys personal info. He pissed me off and I figured I would post it incase any others had the same issues. I already knew of yuryz issue but didnt untill after gonboarding25 did the same thing to me. I trusted the guys because he seemed like a cool guy at first and he was in the military. I know that dosent mean anything about how a person really is but I figured I would take my chances with him. shame on him for not being trustworthy. Thats his problem, not mine. Sure, I lost a sub and a box out of the deal but he has lost his integrity. I can buy the panels he was supposed to give me in trade for little compared to what it will cost him in his loss of integrity on the fourms due to this incident and previous ones.

the short story is that I reported him to his commander, I am sure that I am not the first to do so. I hope he somehow gets some help or whatever he needs to stop doing this.

I have already had another member step up and offer to sell me some panels and I am real close to plugging the hole in my 07 FJ and thats all I wanted to do in the first place.

live and learn.........

ps.....dont close the buy/sell/trade sub forum. I have some junk Ill be wanting to unload pretty soon.....

#23 ·

Here's a refresher

A Latin phrase for "let the buyer beware." The term is primarily used in real property transactions. Essentially it proclaims that the buyer must perform their due diligence when purchasing an item or service.

In other words, consumers need to know their rights and be vigilant in avoiding scams. For example in the private purchase of a used car, caveat emptor places an onus on the buyer to make sure the car is worth the purchase price. This is because once the transaction is complete the buyer will not receive a warranty or return option from the seller

#26 · (Edited)

Here's a refresher

A Latin phrase for "let the buyer beware." The term is primarily used in real property transactions. Essentially it proclaims that the buyer must perform their due diligence when purchasing an item or service.

In other words, consumers need to know their rights and be vigilant in avoiding scams. For example in the private purchase of a used car, caveat emptor places an onus on the buyer to make sure the car is worth the purchase price. This is because once the transaction is complete the buyer will not receive a warranty or return option from the seller
Didn't you get burned on a deal with a member awhile back where the product arrived and was in rough shape and you started a thread on here as a mod and eventually had the seller refund you your money? I just am struggling why this thread is treated different.

Why can't scamming a member out of money/property be against the rules? A banned guy can't keep doing this sort of thing.

:wave: :wave:

#28 ·

yuryz,
Gunny and Wikid have covered this. They are not objecting to the fact that the OP has been wronged. They are only inforcing the forum rule against posting other peoples personal information in this public forum. Ease up on the admins, their hands are tied to do anything about the actual transaction.

#31 ·

I think it's a crappy situation. Sorry to the OP and to yuryz, but with that said, Yuryz lay off the moderators. They are not the creator of rules, only the enforcers. I'm sure there are a lot of cops out there who would rather just shoot the rapist, child molester, killer, etc..., they bring in, but it isn't their place to be an executioner. It isn't the Mods place to hold your hand, coddle you, and make the bad man go away. Use the proper precautions when buying from somebody online. The #1 rule when doing an online transaction, unless you know them in real life, personally, do not trust them. I'm not saying treat them like sh!t, I'm saying make sure you cover your @ss. Ok, end rant.

I would like to thank jclayto and yuryz. It sucks you guys got shafted, but through your misfortunes others will hopefully be better/safer shoppers. And more specifically, hopefully they will know not to do business with goneboarding25.

#39 ·

I think it's a crappy situation. Sorry to the OP and to yuryz...........I would like to thank jclayto and yuryz. It sucks you guys got shafted, but through your misfortunes others will hopefully be better/safer shoppers. And more specifically, hopefully they will know not to do business with goneboarding25.
:rocker:

I ditto these main sentiments. It makes me very hesitant to even try to trade or buy/sell online at all, because this is the exact scenario I fear.
Good luck folks, and I hope these guys who got shafted somehow find justice and are compensated eventually.

#33 ·

On a serious note though, can we have a stickey at the top of the buy sell with just the names of good, bad, and bad but resolved after time screen names? I mean there is a whole forum for feedback, but if it could be compiled into a blacklist with the feedback threads linked to each name, maybe less folks would get the red rocket.

#36 ·

On a serious note though, can we have a stickey at the top of the buy sell with just the names of good, bad, and bad but resolved after time screen names? I mean there is a whole forum for feedback, but if it could be compiled into a blacklist with the feedback threads linked to each name, maybe less folks would get the red rocket.

Really good idea! Most other major automotive forums do have exactly what you described. Compliation of names of Seller/Buyer that ripped someone off with a link to the thread....make it a sticky and I think this subforum would then add more value. Having it compiled into one list makes for a quick check sheet when purchasing or selling to someone.

#34 ·

^^^haha, the red rocket. nice.

I was thinking the same thing, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized it would be a lot of work, and ultimately a pain. It's just as easy to used the advanced search function to search, say FJ FunJunkie in the feedback section.

Then again, we could create an elite squad of mercenaries who's primary objective is to get "your" money back and make sure the offender wont be bothering anybody ever again. They could have a code name like, "Retribution" or "The Unicorns."

#37 ·

Trust me guys, we are taking this issue very seriously and it has are full attention. We are trying to come up with a solution that protects everyone involved in a transaction that begins with a thread posted here.

#41 ·
^^^ we don't have trunks to store evil trunk monkeys in.

#42 ·
click the button, you might find one...

#45 ·
I don't particularly feel like sifting through your entire build thread for an evil trunk monkey. google is much faster.

#43 ·
I think things are working pretty well the way they are. I didnt search for this guy to see if he had ripped anyone off. partially because I didnt know about the thread where you could do that and partially I just trusted the dude. It was a low cost deal for both of us and no reason to believe he wouldnt honor the "Trade". I hope he enjoys the Sub. It sounded like crap anyway when it was cranked due to the Box. I have my Bazooka installed now and it really sounds good and another user has given me the best deal
anyone ever seen on a set of panels so I can fix the hole in the rear of my rig.

Mods are doing a great job!!

Just remember, Dont deal witih Goneboarding25 because you to will have some virtually worthelss stuff stolen from you from a guy who could easily afford to pay you for it but would rather steal it from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.