Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
think it was on cd when you bought it....LOL
I'm assuming you're kidding (thus, the LOL?), but not sure. :)
It clearly came from inside of the CD player.

I could prove it if ya let me open yours and find the same sticker in there somewhere.

steven

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I think you just found the tracking device the "Man" is using to track your every move. Did you notice any unusual aircraft activity in the area?...could be aliens too!

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you did it while you were sleep walking.
hehe, the stupidest things I've done in my life have all been while I was wide awake. I have no such excuse as being asleep for any of that. :)

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...could be aliens too!
I never speak in public about my alien abduction event (oops, did I just say that out loud?). ;)

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
I'm more interested in how a leaky front diff was leaking fluid onto your manifold.

Do you mean maybe somehow splashing onto your exhaust pipe or one of the cats?

I said, "From inside the CD player in my FJ" (he knew which FJ, it only had about 2000 miles on it and I'd already been in at 1200 miles for a 'finger-tight' front diff bolts problem that was allowing diff fluid to leak out onto my exhaust manifold....I guess they have Monday morning's at the factory in Japan just like here in the states).

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
I think aliens put it there while probing your FJammer.

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I'm more interested in how a leaky front diff was leaking fluid onto your manifold.

Do you mean maybe somehow splashing onto your exhaust pipe or one of the cats?
Boy, I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to terminology under the hood. All I know is that, after about a week or two with Sandi, I started smelling some odd odor.

I know about the under-coating and how it kinda has the odor of melted crayons, etc, but this was different....more like burnt plastic or such.

So, I took Sandi to Boulder Toyota. They said they'd check it out and I should wait in the sitting area.

The guy came in about 15 minutes later, sat down beside me and said, "This isn't good. The bolts on your front differential were finger-tight, and differential fluid was leaking out onto your exhaust manifold and what you were smelling was that fluid getting burnt there."

I said, "So, how did they get finger-tight?"
He said, "At the factory. I guess they just didn't tighten them properly at the factory"
I said, "Wow! That doesn't really sound like Toyota. What's up with that?"
He said, "Yah, I know, but it does happen."

Obviously...it just did happen to me.

Then he told me they'd need it for a day and a half to open it all up, check to make sure it's all OK, clean it, reseal it and fill it back up again.
So, I made an appointment for the next Monday (it was Thursday and he said I could still use it over the weekend like it was without any problems).

When I brought it back there on Monday for the appointment, I said, "Would you please check the whole freakin thing over for me. Don't make me be the one to notice stuff like this. Can you just check everything to make sure it's all there and properly in place, etc?"
He said, "We usually only check into things when someone notices a specific problem, but in your case, I understand your concern and I will have them look-over everything real good"

They got it done the same day and I picked it up after work.
No related problems since then as far as I can tell (~4000 miles now).

I will eventually take these comments and place them in a separate thread.

steven

·
Registered
468 Posts
I'm not seeing the problem here...

I mean its a freaking John Denver CD, am I missing something? I'd be ashamed to admit that in here. At least lie and say it was NIN or something like that. :)

·
Banned
2,364 Posts
Excuse the paranoia, but something to at least consider if you haven't already is that your loose diff bolt and sticker-on-cd problems could have been the result of sabotge... Any jealous persons or delinquents that would have had the ability to mess with your FJ? Any other unexplainable occurrences associated with your FJ?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Many modern CD players now have in-built 'Flame John-Denver Circuitry' protection... or FJC for short.
If you don't believe me - simply try again with the Billy Jo Spears version of 'Country Roads', I wager you'll have an incident-free listening experience. :bigthumb: S

·
Registered
387 Posts
sandi? you guys name your Fj's?????? hahaha

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not seeing the problem here...
I mean its a freaking John Denver CD, am I missing something? I'd be ashamed to admit that in here. At least lie and say it was NIN or something like that.
So, are you proud of picking on other people that don't like the same music that you like? :flame:

Many modern CD players now have in-built 'Flame John-Denver Circuitry' protection... or FJC for short.
If you don't believe me - simply try again with the Billy Jo Spears version of 'Country Roads', I wager you'll have an incident-free listening experience. S
Ha-ha. Clever. :thinkerg:

Its color is sandstorm.
I'm glad to see you're so much cooler than I am because you don't name your FJ. Whatever, dude.

Sorry guys, but I'm really unimpressed here.
I thought this was supposed to be a friendly forum.

Bullies need not reply.

steven

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
:grim: John Denver is dead :grim:

He was sending you a message from beyond the grave.

The message was: Good choice in vehicles - bad choice in music (unless you are listening to Rocky Mountain High - and living the life).

That is all, Carry on.

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The message was: Good choice in vehicles - bad choice in music (unless you are listening to Rocky Mountain High - and living the life).That is all, Carry on.
Bad choice in music??
Why the frack would anyone else care about what kind of music I choose, and how arrogant can someone be to think their opinion counts when it comes to the music preference of another person?

That just seems really immature to me - something I outgrew somewhere along the way and I guess I'm just a bit disapointed when I see others still caught in that kind of silly mindset.

Grow up folks, and how-bout lets agree to not pick on each other here in this forum...?

I'd really rather not have to wade through post after post of that kind of crap when the thread in the first place was about a sticker somehow pealing off of the inside of the CD player in my brand new FJ and sticking to my CD.

I'm not even really upset about the sticker thing; it's just very odd to me, yet I have not heard a single comment in this thread reflecting similar reaction....mostly silliness - I can handle the silliness....I totally get that.....that's part of the reason for getting together here in this forum...I like it....it's the bullying and irrelevant arrogance about personal music preferences that I reject.

steven

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Don't worry about these guys. Not everyone in the forum is this disrespectful. Congrats on your FJ, I bought mine within a couple days of you buying yours! I also have a name for my FJ, although with mine it's more of a joke. Have a good one.

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Don't worry about these guys. Not everyone in the forum is this disrespectful. Congrats on your FJ, I bought mine within a couple days of you buying yours! I also have a name for my FJ, although with mine it's more of a joke. Have a good one.
Ya, I've actually met some people in here that I'd ike to hang out with - and probably will on the trail, at the Sumit, etc.

Cool. Thanks, bud.

steven

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.