Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm suprised the spare fits on the back. It clears the bumper? Did you use a spacer so the window will still open?

Looks awesome by the way - Love to know about rubbing issues as well.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I have ran that same exact tire on several of my pickups. I absolutley love them. The 255's are just right IMHO. A tad bit of noise, but they did very well in snow and ice even. With 17" wheels now, I went with the Toyo open country M/T'S will see how long they last.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Man that looks good! Have you had a chance to try them off-road and/or aired-down to see if they rub? Sweet - might have to get me some.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Is the total height higher or lower than the originals and if so did you recalibrate the speedo or the ecm to correct for the difference?? I put some oversized on my old Tacoma way back when and screwed all of those things up including my torque/HP... These seem relatively close to the overall height of the originals but do look somewhat bigger... BFG's are the best tires made (imho) and they are also the ONLY tire I'll ever buy... Looks GREAT!!

·
Premium Member
3,414 Posts
Is the total height higher or lower than the originals and if so did you recalibrate the speedo or the ecm to correct for the difference?? I put some oversized on my old Tacoma way back when and screwed all of those things up including my torque/HP... These seem relatively close to the overall height of the originals but do look somewhat bigger... BFG's are the best tires made (imho) and they are also the ONLY tire I'll ever buy... Looks GREAT!!
Stock tires are basically 32" so these would be a bit over an 1" taller. No the speedo wouldn't recalibrate itself and yes you would loose a little HP and Torque, but not much. Check this out:

Tire Diameter Calc

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My total hieght is about 1.3" taller than stock tires. I did not recalibrate the speedo or ecu. I used my GPS to check for speed error. With these BFG's my speedo will read about 4% slower than my actual speed. I haven't really noticed a loss in power and torque.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I am getting ready to take the plunge on this same set up (SE TRD rims and BFG M/T 255/85/R16). Just before I do, I want to check with VooDoo Crooser, and make sure you are not experiencing any rubbing at all with out a lift (up, down, left, right). Thanks in advance.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts