Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just put on these new BFG KM2's on the shop truck. Very beefy, very big and a bit loud. You can really feel these from dead stop...bit of vibration. They also rub a little on the rear frame mount. In the dirt these things grab and won't let go!

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle Auto part

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I have had the same tire on my rig for several months now. I really do not find them to be loud compared to other MTs I've had in the past and I have no rubs anywhere. I am thinking your rub has more to do with the wheel than the tire. Mine are mounted on stock steelies.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
I have had the same tire on my rig for several months now. I really do not find them to be loud compared to other MTs I've had in the past and I have no rubs anywhere. I am thinking your rub has more to do with the wheel than the tire. Mine are mounted on stock steelies.
I agree.
No rubbing at all on my factory steelies. It's your offset causing the rubbing.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I know it's the wheels that is causing the rubbing. They are a 0 offset rim, but slightly wider than the stock steelies. We love these tires and it really makes the beast look mean!!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Those KM2s look sweet, I like them a lot!!!:rocker:

·
Registered
521 Posts
I love my KM2s, I have the 285/70 17 BFG KM2, white letters out on stock steelies, blacked out wheel weights, and Hella TPMS. I don't have any rub issues with my heavy OME lift.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the same set up.... 285x70x17 KM2's on stock rims with the OME heavy lift and I love it.. no rub,,, and yes I agree... the road noise is really not that bad in comparison to other MT's I've had....oh, the sacrifices we make for sweet mud tires!!:rocker::lol:

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Luv em, on powdercoated stock alloys

:rocker:

BirdMan

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a stock FJ with no lift. I read that with the steelies these tire in 285/70/17 do not rub but with the alloys is it any rubbing? I don't want to do any mods to the truck now but I really like the new km2.

Kafou

·
Registered
595 Posts
Me too, I would like to know if this will rub on my stock FJ (no lift and stock rims). Anybody out there have this set-up? thanks in advance

·
Registered
253 Posts
lilx10,
I drove mine for a few days with no lift. They did rub at full lock, but nothing major for street driving. If you plan to do any kind of offroad driving you will defiantly need a lift. After my lift I have had no rubbing issue, and did not have to chop the body mount.

·
Registered
2 Posts
do the 285/70/17's rub w/out lift?

·
Registered
61 Posts
So how are they on Snow? Lots of Snow!
yeah.. great in SNOW.. but on the icy, slippery roads they're brutal!... I'm in Ontario, so very similar road conditions to you I assume....They sure do make you change your driving style if you don't want to slide into everything you see!:jester:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts