Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else had the issues with the BFG Rudded Trail Tires cracking in the treads? saw a post in the wheel & tire section, But very little info? how big of a problem ? & how many have seen this? I called BFG, they said they were not aware of this ??

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
No,
I have had the displeasure of ripping a sidewall open on a gravel road.

In my opinion, these are some cheapie "poser" tires. (No offense to the folks riding on them)

Get some real rubber if you plan to off-road.

Go see a BFG dealer and ask them to replace it under warranty.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
There is a thread and at least one guy had to have them replaced. mine have performed very good in general use and so far "stick like glue" on the pavement. They do get a little loose on gravel and dirt; I haven't tried mud yet, but they're probably pretty lame there. They ride great on the road as ther are on the light side of a "C" range. Lots of flex in the sidewall that would/could promote a sidewall rip... Like the man said.. Take it to a BFG shop for replacement.. Good Luck.. Ron

Anyone else had the issues with the BFG Rudded Trail Tires cracking in the treads? saw a post in the wheel & tire section, But very little info? how big of a problem ? & how many have seen this? I called BFG, they said they were not aware of this ??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts