Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Olay ladies and gentlemen.... My stock BFG Rugged Trail T/A started to weather check on the inside tread... yes the inside tread... really bad.... So I called BFG and they set me up a inspection appt. in Cheyenne at the Sears. They took a look and replaced them with BFG ATKO's no questions asked.... For all those who have BFG RT's. please check your treads for weather checking.....

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Good to hear, nice little upgrade too. Why don't I ever get any of the good defects?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will take fj to get alingment just in case, otherwise great news.
No alignment needed just look for cracking in the treads of the tire....:confused:

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Anyone else had this problem? Ron

Olay ladies and gentlemen.... My stock BFG Rugged Trail T/A started to weather check on the inside tread... yes the inside tread... really bad.... So I called BFG and they set me up a inspection appt. in Cheyenne at the Sears. They took a look and replaced them with BFG ATKO's no questions asked.... For all those who have BFG RT's. please check your treads for weather checking.....

·
Registered
773 Posts
What was the manufacture date of the tires ?

Brand new tires have known to sit in a warehouse for a few years before some one buys them as new.:cheers:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not yet, but I'm hopeful. How many miles did you have on 'em finallap?
I had 6200 on them... that was it!!!!

The date on 3 tires was the 42nd week of 07 and 44th week of 07 on 1 tire
I bought my Scrusier in Nov of 08... That puts the tires roughly a year old. I tried to get some pics but the did not turn out so well

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Brand new tires have known to sit in a warehouse for a few years before some one buys them as new.:cheers:

The date on 3 tires was the 42nd week of 07 and 44th week of 07 on 1 tire
I bought my Scrusier in Nov of 08... That puts the tires roughly a year old. I tried to get some pics but the did not turn out so well

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I actually like the RT's.. I would trade them, but I doubt that BFG would replace them with GY SA's.. LOL.. Ron

Believe it or not... BFG also threw out an offer that if I paid the difference in the cost difference in the tires they would put on a set of KM2's had they had the 16's in stock.... But, no such luck...
For example the BFG RT retail @ $156 at sears (they would give me credit of 156 x 4tires torwards the purchase of a new tire)
the BFG KM2's retail @ $242 ( i think) at sears
--------
So IF they had they would have had the KM2's in stock in my tire size.
I would have gotten the KM2's for a whoopin' $116 a tire:rocker:
But, no luck!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Well it was`nt due to a new tire sitting around thats good news .

They say what was up with the tires? :cheers:

I`m wondering cuase I just bought bfg at`s 17 in that have a very current build date .:cheers:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well it was`nt due to a new tire sitting around thats good news .

They say what was up with the tires? :cheers:

I`m wondering cuase I just bought bfg at`s 17 in that have a very current build date .:cheers:
They just said that it was tire tread weather checking and could possible cause tread separation. My indications were.... cracks along the corner between the actual tire and where the tread rises to meet the pavement. All the way around the tire in every tread groove.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts