Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Yeah, beam pattern pictures will be great... Also, what about pictures of the different color temperatures of HID's?
Guys sorry but you will have to use your imagine on some of this stuff....can't build every combination just for pics right now. As they get ordered and built I will take some pictures but I know customers will chime in as well-

·
Registered
320 Posts
Will these still be adjusted same as stock? Will there be any heat issues with the 55 watt setup? Can the factory wiring hold up to the 55 watt lights. I am sure it's the same as the stock setup, but just wanted to make sure.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
Will these still be adjusted same as stock?
Yes.
Will there be any heat issues with the 55 watt setup?
Nope your heater will still work. JK, I know what you meant. No, there will be no issues.

Can the factory wiring hold up to the 55 watt lights. I am sure it's the same as the stock setup, but just wanted to make sure.
yes.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hate to be a pest, but how about the same shots taken on a dark street?

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
The picture of the actual blacked out light looks like the reflector is randomly cut in a rectangle, and the reflector has a wrinkled heat-shrink coating on it.

I'm sure it must be the angle of the picture - is the projector assembly fit in precisely, with no exposed opening around it ?

How is the black out treatment applied to the reflector ?

Can you snap a pic showing the rear of the assembly, showing the fitment of the projector unit into the headlight assembly ?

(I'd consider a different picture to display the unit - the one shown here looks kinda homemade, IMO...)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I think it's the reflection of the room and ceiling.
The picture of the actual blacked out light looks like the reflector is randomly cut in a rectangle, and the reflector has a wrinkled heat-shrink coating on it.

I'm sure it must be the angle of the picture - is the projector assembly fit in precisely, with no exposed opening around it ?

Can you snap a pic showing the rear of the assembly, showing the fitment of the projector unit into the headlight assembly ?

(I'd consider a different picture to display the unit - the one shown here looks kinda homemade, IMO...)

·
Registered
504 Posts
How does this seal up in the back?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #78

Larry,

You must be seeing things. The reflector is not cut or modified at all. Though if you look, the stock reflector is a multi-surface design and has ridges all throughout.

The projector fits precisely and uses the oe rubber seal on the back (and one extra not visible from outside) to seal the bulb and wiring access.

I don't think I will be taking any more pictures for a while...customers can post pics as they need/want.

The reflector is primed and coated with high heat paint professionally.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Larry,

You must be seeing things. The reflector is not cut or modified at all. Though if you look, the stock reflector is a multi-surface design and has ridges all throughout.

The projector fits precisely and uses the oe rubber seal on the back (and one extra not visible from outside) to seal the bulb and wiring access.

I don't think I will be taking any more pictures for a while...customers can post pics as they need/want.

The reflector is primed and coated with high heat paint professionally.
I was seeing things - that's why I asked the questions instead of relying on the picture.

I think if you look at that picture objectively, you'll see what I saw. I've worked with several mfrs to design lens systems, so I wasn't trying to be rude or provoking; I just wanted clarification, both for myself, and for anyone else who might be deterred from considering these lights from just looking at the picture alone.

Thank you for straightening out my confusion, and my apologies if you felt I was being negative about the lights - my "keyboard mouth" is not as articulate as I'd like sometimes...:cheers:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
No problem Larry, didn't take it as provoking...I couldn't see what you did because it's sitting on my desk and I see it everyday....

I thought I had posted a pic of the chrome version too which should allow someone to see the inside clearly...this should relieve any ones concern regarding the fitment. If not, I will see about getting on the forum.

Glad we got it cleared up.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts