Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting this here for now, because I wanted everyone to see it. This year we are going to have some very special guests at the fj summit and we've been working on a particular gentleman for a while now, and it is finally official.

Mr. Akio Nishimura - Chief Engineer FJ Cruiser, Tacoma, and 4Runner from Toyota Japan will be attending the FJ Summit this year! He has been the Chief Engineer of the FJ since it's first running, so I have a hunch he knows a thing or two about your favorite vehicle.

With him will be coming some other special folks from Toyota besides Frank Bonnett from TRD who's come the last two years, so this looks like it is going to be an exciting event this go around.

Anyway, more details will follow, and most likely I'll move this thread into the FJ Summit 2010 section when I have things to add.

Stay tuned.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Of course the year that I do not go he will be there. He is a good guy to talk to though. I have had the chance to talk to him during the launch of the Tacoma at the Texas plant. I wanted to ask him more questions about the FJ but we had too much going on at the time.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Someone one gonna ask him when there gonna fix all are trucks ,and knock off all the b.s toyota pulling .

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Maybe someone can pry some info out of him, like, when is the diesel option coming? :)

Sounds very cool, wish I could be there to meet him! Congrats on getting him there, he's gonna love seeing the mountain trails around Ouray (if he hasn't been there before). And, what better way to see his creations in their natural element!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
congrats on snagging the VIP, J! to what extent will he be involved in the Summit? will he be giving a talk? conducting walk-arounds on registrant vehicles? it would be great if the organizers can schedule some time with him to discuss owner concerns as well as the accolades. make his visit to the Summit a productive and informative one. good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
789 Posts
Sweet. Wish I was going to the Summit!

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
congrats on snagging the VIP, J! to what extent will he be involved in the Summit? will he be giving a talk? conducting walk-arounds on registrant vehicles? it would be great if the organizers can schedule some time with him to discuss owner concerns as well as the accolades. make his visit to the Summit a productive and informative one. good luck! :cheers:
We don't have all the details yet, but we'll try our best to get as many people involved as possible. We don't even know how long he'll be there, so we obviously have a lot to figure out. At a minimum, this is showing that Toyota is paying attention to a small event like this, which is cool.

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Maybe he can finally answer the fender Bulge and TO bearing questions and how those peeps with the issue can get it fixed right!
Yes, please request that he bring some extra inner fenders . . . with reinforcement.

Also, you ABSOLUTELY MUST get him to go along on one of the Montrose trail runs.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
We don't have all the details yet, but we'll try our best to get as many people involved as possible. We don't even know how long he'll be there, so we obviously have a lot to figure out. At a minimum, this is showing that Toyota is paying attention to a small event like this, which is cool.
AFAIK this is one of the largest Toyota only events there is, def. the largest FJ Cruiser event :)
I'm VERY excited to have such an icon at our event! Kudos to you guys!!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Maybe he can finally answer the fender Bulge and TO bearing questions and how those peeps with the issue can get it fixed right!
That's what I was thinking....

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
Cool Effin Beans!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts