Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Cool Effin Beans!
We are very excited about this. The more people and FJ's we can get at the event will go a long way to show Toyota how important the FJ is to the market.

He is very excited to be coming out will be in an FJ joining people on group runs on Friday and Saturday. He will also be there for the raffle and and the group photo shoot on Sunday morning.

We can't wait to see you all in July.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I know all in attendance will show him a great time but please when you take him for a ride just the easy scenic trails no extreme white knuckle stuff. I want him to come back next year when I can attend.
Have fun and look forward to reading about his visit. :clap:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I know all in attendance will show him a great time but please when you take him for a ride just the easy scenic trails no extreme white knuckle stuff. I want him to come back next year when I can attend.
He is actually going to have his own FJ out in Ouray to drive around. We will try not to get him into any trouble.

:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
He is actually going to have his own FJ out in Ouray to drive around. We will try not to get him into any trouble.

:bigthumb:
Dibs on riding with him.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Awesome! Now we have to think up some questions for him. He is here for primary research and to provide feedback to Toyota's R&D (Research and development) team. I was a product manager in R&D for several years in some large Fortune 1000 companies. It is important that we provide clear information to him that consists of the problems with the FJC as well as new features you would like to see in future FJCs. We all know the big issues such as the engine well cracking problems, poor visibility in rear window, poor gas mileage, ... but need to bring to light some of the smaller issues as well.

THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO SKIP THE BUREAUCRACY OF A LARGE COMPANY, SUCH AS TOYOTA, AND HAVE YOUR VOICE HEARD! The key thing that will get features/functionality into future FJCs is opportunity for Toyota to have increased revenue and market share in this market segment. So phrase your feedback accordingly.

Hope this helps,

Bourne2cruise

·
Sockless Superstar
11,826 Posts
Nishimura San had to fight Toyota to keep the vertical A pillar and windshield. While it has not endeared itself to those who have gone through multiple windshields, it has given us a better off-road vehicle and a retro look. I would like to honor that man in person, but I will not make it this year. I hope somebody can pass along my thanks and respect to this man who bucked a "safe" trend to give us our beloved FJC. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Nishimura San had to fight Toyota to keep the vertical A pillar and windshield. While it has not endeared itself to those who have gone through multiple windshields, it has given us a better off-road vehicle and a retro look. I would like to honor that man in person, but I will not make it this year. I hope somebody can pass along my thanks and respect to this man who bucked a "safe" trend to give us our beloved FJC. :cheers:
Wish you could make it out this year, you will be missed!

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
I respectfully disagree. While he should obviously get a chance to check out the awesome alpine beauty of the area, I think it is important that he also see how we are using these FJs and gain an understanding of what we really want and expect out of an off-road vehicle. Surely, he's been off-roading before. :lookaround:

While I've read the FJ brochures and the discussions of the FJs design, it is obvious that some things could have been improved upon (body mounts, inner fender issues, small gas tank, etc). :thinkerg:

I imagine that he's going to suffer from FJ overload when he sees all the built rigs. He'll get back to work the following week and start showing off pictures. His design staff will be walking funny the rest of the week. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Mr. Akio Nishimura - Chief Engineer FJ Cruiser, Tacoma, and 4Runner from Toyota Japan will be attending the FJ Summit this year! He has been the Chief Engineer of the FJ since it's first running, so I have a hunch he knows a thing or two about your favorite vehicle.

With him will be coming some other special folks from Toyota besides Frank Bonnett from TRD who's come the last two years, so this looks like it is going to be an exciting event this go around.
Hopefully Mr. Akio Nishimura and his crew will have a great time and see first hand how many owners LOVE their FJs.

I unfortunately cannot make it this year due to prior engagements, but absolutely plan on attending next year. Would be nice to see him there next year as well.

Also, any official number of attendees so far?

:cheers:

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
Oh....and also in attendance of the 2010 FJ Summit.......RAGGLER! I will be holding a meet and greet at a local PUB....Time and Date is TBA! Thank You all :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Oh....and also in attendance of the 2010 FJ Summit.......RAGGLER! I will be holding a meet and greet at a local PUB....Time and Date is TBA! Thank You all :lol:
Are you sponsoring the PUB night this year ??? . . . like Metal Tech did last year.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
...a small event like this...
AFAIK this is one of the largest Toyota only events there is, def. the largest FJ Cruiser event :)...
Whew! I'm glad someone else caught that one. To think this is a small event (though it may be small in some ways) seems shortsighted. This just has to be the largest weekend gathering of FJCs on the planet....no? Perhaps not, but if not, I'm missing out somewhere.

I respectfully disagree. While he should obviously get a chance to check out the awesome alpine beauty of the area, I think it is important that he also see how we are using these FJs and gain an understanding of what we really want and expect out of an off-road vehicle. Surely, he's been off-roading before. :lookaround:
Again, good catch.
If this guy is the chief engineer for this vehicle, how could anything we take the FJC through be in any way shocking to him? Seems to me we might just have a thing or two to learn from him while he's here.

Awesome! Now we have to think up some questions for him. He is here for primary research and to provide feedback to Toyota's R&D (Research and development) team. I was a product manager in R&D for several years in some large Fortune 1000 companies. It is important that we provide clear information to him that consists of the problems with the FJC as well as new features you would like to see in future FJCs. We all know the big issues such as the engine well cracking problems, poor visibility in rear window, poor gas mileage, ... but need to bring to light some of the smaller issues as well.

THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO SKIP THE BUREAUCRACY OF A LARGE COMPANY, SUCH AS TOYOTA, AND HAVE YOUR VOICE HEARD! The key thing that will get features/functionality into future FJCs is opportunity for Toyota to have increased revenue and market share in this market segment. So phrase your feedback accordingly.

Hope this helps,

Bourne2cruise
^^^^^Wisdom
Do not trade it for money.

and he might bring the chick in his avatar! :cheers:
Oh....what bar was that again?

Are you sponsoring the PUB night this year ??? . . . like Metal Tech did last year.
Ha ha....not so sure that's what they were thinking, but good try, bro. :bigthumb:

I hope someone takes the time to sit down and do a video interview with him with maybe 10 top questions we all commonly ask. It would be a shame not to document the answers for people who cant talk to him in person.
I really like this idea. We should start a thread just for question suggestions.
Then, once we have anough of them lined up, create a poll thread to vote for the top ten to put in the interview.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I hope someone takes the time to sit down and do a video interview with him with maybe 10 top questions we all commonly ask. It would be a shame not to document the answers for people who cant talk to him in person.
I like this idea too.

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Obviously I didn't mean this is a small event for FJ's or Toyotas in general, as it is one of the largest, but compared to the Easter Jeep Jamboree, or any motorcycle or car show, it is pretty small.

I already pitched the idea of a question / answer period where we ask questions everyone has, but again we'll see. Obviously him being in Japan and being a bit busy in his work it is tough to plan exactly what is going to happen with him. We do know he will be doing trail runs, and I certainly hope one of those is in Montrose or Poughkeepsie.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Maybe he can finally answer the fender Bulge and TO bearing questions and how those peeps with the issue can get it fixed right!

x10 on that. It would be real nice to know if he is even aware of the Throw Out Bearing issue that rears its' ugly head on more than 50% of stick shift owners.

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
Since this will be my first Summit and all....I was thinking that everyone would buy me drinks (preferably alcoholic)and food, snacks, a hooker!?? :lol:

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Obviously I didn't mean this is a small event for FJ's or Toyotas in general, as it is one of the largest, but compared to the Easter Jeep Jamboree, or any motorcycle or car show, it is pretty small.

I already pitched the idea of a question / answer period where we ask questions everyone has, but again we'll see. Obviously him being in Japan and being a bit busy in his work it is tough to plan exactly what is going to happen with him. We do know he will be doing trail runs, and I certainly hope one of those is in Montrose or Poughkeepsie.
Sorry, J.
Didn't mean to pick on your statement. It was late, you served it up and I swung at it. :lol:

I knew you wouldn't think this is small for FJ status, and I knew also about other, much larger Jeep events, but this isn't a Jeep event. It's a Toyota event, and that's the part I seized on. :jester:

Good job and thanks for working on all this.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts