41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Wow, this will be great, thanks Jared!

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Oh....and also in attendance of the 2010 FJ Summit.......RAGGLER! I will be holding a meet and greet at a local PUB....Time and Date is TBA! Thank You all :lol:
Shameless sir... just flat-out, shameless! :jester: :cheers:
This news is a big deal (Akio Nishimura). Looking forward to shaking that man's hand and hopefully getting an opportunity for some Q&A time.

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Moved to Summit 2010 Section

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
I think Mr. Nishimura should be fine driving his FJ around the trails. I remember reading an article a while back about the new 4Runner and some VIP from Toyota. It seem that Mr. Nishimura just ran the 4Runner through its paces on the Rubicon Trail.

2010 Toyota 4Runner RUbicon Trail First Drive - Four Wheeler Magazine

It also looks like he's had the 4Runner at Baja
2010 Toyota 4Runner Takes on the Baja 1000 - Motor Trend

I'm sure we all could be very overwhelming with our questions. I know personally that when I've worked trade show I get tired of answering the same questions over and over, and defending our product to our customers.

Maybe FJC Magazine could collect a list of questions via facebook or twitter and get a sit down interview with Mr. Nishimura.

As a side note, when I was a member of the Miata Club in FL, it was a big deal to meet the designers of the Miata. So when you met them you asked them to sign the inside of your trunk lid. I'm not sure that he would be willing to sign our FJ's but I thought I'd put it out there. I'm not even sure there is a good place to sign.

Well I'm off to brush up on my Japanese, I'll see you all in Ouray!

-C

Is that Mr. Nishimura in this picture?

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
When are you arriving, my friend? Me and the Posse should be arriving mid day Wednesday...lets hook up later that day for some drinks. I'll get Hornsfan involved in this also...plus whoever wants to have a lot of drinks with us!:cheers:

Shameless sir... just flat-out, shameless! :jester: :cheers:
This news is a big deal (Akio Nishimura). Looking forward to shaking that man's hand and hopefully getting an opportunity for some Q&A time.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
We can't emphasis enough how exciting and rare it is to have Mr. Nishimura as well as TRD and Toyota's upper echelon at the event this year. They don't really do events for Toyota in general, so having them at ours is a big deal. If there are any of you out there still wavering on coming or not this year, I would come. You may not get an opportunity to meet them again!

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
We can't emphasis enough how exciting and rare it is to have Mr. Nishimura as well as TRD and Toyota's upper echelon at the event this year. They don't really do events for Toyota in general, so having them at ours is a big deal. If there are any of you out there still wavering on coming or not this year, I would come. You may not get an opportunity to meet them again!
Yeah, and don't expect them to ever come back if they ride along with any of you jackholes.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Hey, J
I think you forgot the :lol:
So here ya go...... :lol:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Super cool bonus and special treat for us to have him, way to go Tim!

I am going to have him sign the inner....door panel!

We had someone from Japan at Cruise Moab this year also. Super nice man, he did the Land Cruiser videos and something else for Toyota.

I would say without a doubt this is the biggest FJC event in the country.

Cruise Moab is the biggest TLCA event in the country, this year we had 240 registered vehicles..Over 40 were FJCs!!

To put it into perspective the Easter Jeep Safari in Moab runs about 2500-3000 vehicles annually.

My question would be a removable fiberglass top option for the FJC and please, please bring the Land Cruiser 70 series to the U.S.

Forbidden Fruit: Toyota Land Cruiser 70

Toyota LC70: Home

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I think Mr. Nishimura should be fine driving his FJ around the trails. I remember reading an article a while back about the new 4Runner and some VIP from Toyota. It seem that Mr. Nishimura just ran the 4Runner through its paces on the Rubicon Trail.

2010 Toyota 4Runner RUbicon Trail First Drive - Four Wheeler Magazine

It also looks like he's had the 4Runner at Baja
2010 Toyota 4Runner Takes on the Baja 1000 - Motor Trend

I'm sure we all could be very overwhelming with our questions. I know personally that when I've worked trade show I get tired of answering the same questions over and over, and defending our product to our customers.

Maybe FJC Magazine could collect a list of questions via facebook or twitter and get a sit down interview with Mr. Nishimura.

As a side note, when I was a member of the Miata Club in FL, it was a big deal to meet the designers of the Miata. So when you met them you asked them to sign the inside of your trunk lid. I'm not sure that he would be willing to sign our FJ's but I thought I'd put it out there. I'm not even sure there is a good place to sign.

Well I'm off to brush up on my Japanese, I'll see you all in Ouray!

-C

Is that Mr. Nishimura in this picture?
He could sign the owners manual that might be cool:clap::bandit:

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I'm putting this here for now, because I wanted everyone to see it. This year we are going to have some very special guests at the fj summit and we've been working on a particular gentleman for a while now, and it is finally official.

Mr. Akio Nishimura - Chief Engineer FJ Cruiser, Tacoma, and 4Runner from Toyota Japan will be attending the FJ Summit this year! He has been the Chief Engineer of the FJ since it's first running, so I have a hunch he knows a thing or two about your favorite vehicle.

With him will be coming some other special folks from Toyota besides Frank Bonnett from TRD who's come the last two years, so this looks like it is going to be an exciting event this go around.

Anyway, more details will follow, and most likely I'll move this thread into the FJ Summit 2010 section when I have things to add.

Stay tuned.
This is BADASS news!

Well done!

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
I know all in attendance will show him a great time but please when you take him for a ride just the easy scenic trails no extreme white knuckle stuff. I want him to come back next year when I can attend.
Have fun and look forward to reading about his visit. :clap:
So don't drive him over to Moab is what you are saying...:cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
We should invite Jin Won Kim, the Design team leader at Calty Design Research (Toyota) in Newport Beach, CA.

He and his team designed the FJ Cruiser.

I am proud to say we both graduated from the same Design school, The Art Center College of Design in Pasadena Ca. (me in 1982, he in 2001).

Maybe we can ask Mr. Nishimura to bring him along as well. :)

:cheers:

-

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Hmmm, I wonder if Mr. Nishimura's FJ will be a right hand drive straight from the other side of the pond??
Me things he's flying here on a pimpin jet. Then driving a US FJ to the event.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
He could sign the owners manual that might be cool:clap::bandit:
I think you guys should bring your brochures (vol1-vol7(?)) and let him sign those. I know I would, if I were going.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts